Sunday, December 8, 2013

From beads to bracelet

My goodness, we are in a cold spell. Nighttime temps are in the 30's and days are in the 60's. I actually had to wear a sweater and longer pants the other day.Mr H has covered the plants at nighttime especially my delicious tomatoes. Yes, I have been enjoying them. Mr H and I agree that the tomatoes we he plants in the Spring are more abundant than now. Of course these hopefully will be fine if we he protects them while it is cold.
My work week was not so enjoyable for the beginning but my last week day, Saturday was really nice. It seems the customers were so pleasant and agreeable. Nice way to end the week for sure. Last week I ordered some beads for a Deb Roberti bracelet design....
well, here is the first bracelet. Just waiting for the back order to arrive on the other colorway. I love the weaving of this pattern. I wish I had some extra time... we all need extra time.... so I could make a few for gifts. Speaking of gifts, I just mailed out a few more packages and have still a few more that need to go to the Post Office. I haven't even addressed my cards yet, but at least I have my pretty Christmas stamps ready. If I can, I hope to work on a couple of things today/tonight. Glad to have tomorrow off. Oh, wait, I have a Christmas luncheon to go to.... time, I have to find my bottle of time and leak some out.
Did I mention that we are having a cold spell? The air conditioner is off and the heat is on. However, Friday night we had no heat. Only cold air blowing about. Saturday, it was back on. I am thinking next year is time to replace the unit. Hope you enjoyed your visit with me. I always like to have you stop by... and leave a word or two. I appreciate your friendship and I welcome a couple of new friends this week. Hope you have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

That's a beautiful bracelet, love the color! I could use more time myself, like an extra 2 hours in a day!

Vickie said...

Very pretty Gracie! It is snowing like crazy here all day. And cold. Wouldn't want to be without heat today.

Minnie said...

Maybe we could start a petition to get more time per day. I don't know who it would go to, just a thought. I love the bracelet. We are enjoying some lovely freezing rain at the moment,luckily I don't need to go out for anything.

Simply Victoria said...

Neat bracelet!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful bracelet. Have you and Mr H. considered that you might need a new thermostat. That's what happened to our hearter, keep running but only cool air come out. Once we replaced the thermostat, no problem.
love Annette