Actually, I do not work on Mondays anyway. So I started my day very early ... 2 AM, organizing a few thins in the sewing room, did a laundry, then I decided to starch my tatted motifs and ..
then this is what I did. I bought a 12 x 12 shadow box frame and mounted all but tow...those are dangled from the top at the front. I think it looks pretty nice. For now it is atop the fireplace mantle. It does have a hook on the back for hanging. Mr H is pleased as he did not want me packing them away until Christmas. I got a great deal on the shadow box frame. Jo Ann's sells this particular one for $44.99, it was on sale for $26.99, my discount brought it to $20.42 with tax and then..... I had a gift card for $25.00. If you follow this, I did not pay for it technically. At least not of my own money. We received the gift card from corporate for our inventory reward. As Martha would say...that's a good thing! It is easy to open the back to remove the motifs when I am ready.
Shortly Mr H and I will be taking a ride to an antiques area in Phoenix. I am determined to get the dress stitching finished on The Witch today. I finished the Halloween exchange stitching and now to complete that project this week. Need to get the goodies...treats, and the trick....hmm, still thinking on that part. I really like the way the stitching turned out and can't wait to show it to you...just have to wait until Halloween. Guess that is it today....tomorrow I will tell you about a friend lost and found. Thank you for sharing your time with m e...have a great day.
then this is what I did. I bought a 12 x 12 shadow box frame and mounted all but tow...those are dangled from the top at the front. I think it looks pretty nice. For now it is atop the fireplace mantle. It does have a hook on the back for hanging. Mr H is pleased as he did not want me packing them away until Christmas. I got a great deal on the shadow box frame. Jo Ann's sells this particular one for $44.99, it was on sale for $26.99, my discount brought it to $20.42 with tax and then..... I had a gift card for $25.00. If you follow this, I did not pay for it technically. At least not of my own money. We received the gift card from corporate for our inventory reward. As Martha would say...that's a good thing! It is easy to open the back to remove the motifs when I am ready.
Shortly Mr H and I will be taking a ride to an antiques area in Phoenix. I am determined to get the dress stitching finished on The Witch today. I finished the Halloween exchange stitching and now to complete that project this week. Need to get the goodies...treats, and the trick....hmm, still thinking on that part. I really like the way the stitching turned out and can't wait to show it to you...just have to wait until Halloween. Guess that is it today....tomorrow I will tell you about a friend lost and found. Thank you for sharing your time with m e...have a great day.
12 comments:
Oh my...now that is stunning! Clever you. Xxx
your ornaments are so pretty!!!
Such a creative display idea!
I wish you could of heard me when I saw your Gorgeous shadow box. Remarkable Gracie. WOW!!! I love that you have it on display right now - too pretty to put away. And the price - It's diffidently a GOOD THING! I laughed also at your title for this post:) love Annette
Very clever idea Gracie, I love it. They are all so pretty.
What a lovely way to display your pieces. They look great.
wow sooooooooooooooooo pretty.
hugs x
So beautiful it's Christmas.
Love the motifs in the shadow box! You have really tatted a lot of them & they all look great : )
Your tatting looks fabulous in that shadow box! Good for you.
Gorgeous way to display your tatting. Kudos to you!
An absolutely lovely way to display your tatting!!!
Post a Comment