Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Picking apples

Autumn/Fall was always the time to go to the orchard to get apples. We had a wonderful place to go and the best apples in Rhode Island. Here though, when the temps are still in the 100's the apple orchard thought is far far away. Now I stop at the display table in the market. Oh well....
Last night I was not a happy stitcher. No indeed. I emptied the stitch basket, tossed The Witch aside, parked the needle which I then lost, but no. There was not another skein of Envy anywhere to be found. Well, of course I did not buy two. At the time I did not know that I would make changes. Well, I knew there would be changes, there always is, but did not think that far ahead. The Witch does not have the bottom of her dress finished. I am down to the last 300 stitches and pouf...not enough thread. I will call the needlework shop later before riding there. In the meantime, The Witch is getting apples of a different kind today. I will be going across to Sweet Jeanne's this morning to stitch and chat. A very pleasant thought! Oh the needle. My needles constantly vanish. Sometimes I Mr H finds them as he does the many dropped beads. I do park them on the magnet attached to my work, except when I loose them! I start every project with a package of size 28 needles. At the finish I am lucky to have 2 left. I even break them...do not ask.
Last night Mr H took the camera and found this lovely sunset...
Thank you for visiting with me... hope you have a wonderful day......your kind words make my day wonderful!

7 comments:

Bernice Geroulis said...

Beautiful picture and hope to see a photo of your stitching soon

cucki said...

Beautiful picture..
Hugs x

Heather said...

I know what you mean about losing needles, but I usually find them poked in somewhere else. The thought of picking apples sounds delightful.

Minnie said...

I lost 2 needles sitting right here in the same chair the other night. They were #26, and they are very small so I don't expect to find them until I vacuum my carpet on Friday and there is nothing worst than running out of floss before a design is finished.

Julie said...

Hope you had a lovely visit with your friend.

ginnyt said...

I'm always buying needles, and my cats are always running off with my floss!!! Take care.

Susan Elliott said...

My hat is off to Mr. H for a beautiful photograph. As for the needles, I can relate. I live in almost constant fear that one of my needles will end up in Jim or Jack's foot!!!