Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Time can stand still

Time seems to pass so quickly these last few years. The days fly by and one month soon becomes the next. Friends though, are always there. This weekend while on Facebook at a page dedicated to my old hometown, I saw a post... I knew the name. Oh, I knew many names, not of the person posting but of their parents! This particular name Cheryl, was important. There was an added surname, but it was the same girl.  We lived many years across the street from one another.... her parents, her sister and Cheryl. I had many laughs and many chats over tea with the three of them. Then we moved away, not far, but somehow we lost touch as often does happen. I sent her a message privately from the page and wondered if there would be a response... of course there was. She sent one back, I sent another with my phone number not sure if she would call the long distance.... of course she did. I was out for a few minutes! As soon as I could I returned the call. After catching up on our lives, it was as if we were across the street once again. So many changes in each of our lives, but our friendship is still there. We lived in the same city/state and lost touch to now living 3000 miles apart to rekindle our chats. Many time I complain about FB but continue to visit it so I can stay in touch with those across the country..... this was one of those happy moments.... finding Cheryl again. On my next visit back to RI I will find the time to see Cheryl, Margo and Lori.....
Thank you for listening to my tale of friendship...thank you for being my blogging friends. Off to work today...have a good day.

5 comments:

Annette-California said...

Finding a lost friend, getting to talk to her - Wonderful! Loved your story and exciting you will get to visit with her in the future.
Happy times - love Annette

Julie said...

How lovely, what happy hearts you must both have had after your conversation.

Sally said...

What a wonderful story. How lovely to get to speak to an old friend.

cucki said...

So sweet x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely story! I have a love/hate relationship with FB but have also met up with some old friends.
FB would be better if people learned to spell (and use grammar), didn't repost hoax posts without checking the truth and didn't talk politics unless they agree with my views LOL.