Monday, September 2, 2013

No labor today...

Actually, I do not work on Mondays anyway. So I started my day very early ... 2 AM, organizing a few thins in the sewing room, did a laundry, then I decided to starch my tatted motifs and ..
then this is what I did. I bought a 12 x 12 shadow box frame and mounted all but tow...those are dangled from the top at the front. I think it looks pretty nice. For now it is atop the fireplace mantle. It does have a hook on the back for hanging. Mr H is pleased as he did not want me packing them away until Christmas. I got a great deal on the shadow box frame. Jo Ann's sells this particular one for $44.99, it was on sale for $26.99, my discount brought it to $20.42 with tax and then..... I had a gift card for $25.00. If you follow this, I did not pay for it technically. At least not of my own money. We received the gift card from corporate for our inventory reward. As Martha would say...that's a good thing! It is easy to open the back to remove the motifs when I am ready.
Shortly Mr H and I will be taking a ride to an antiques area in Phoenix. I am determined to get the dress stitching finished on The Witch today. I finished the Halloween exchange stitching and now to complete that project this week. Need to get the goodies...treats, and the trick....hmm, still thinking on that part. I really like the way the stitching turned out and can't wait to show it to you...just have to wait until  Halloween. Guess that is it today....tomorrow I will tell you about a friend lost and found. Thank you for sharing your time with m e...have a great day.

12 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my...now that is stunning! Clever you. Xxx

ginnyt said...

your ornaments are so pretty!!!

Brigitte said...

Such a creative display idea!

Annette-California said...

I wish you could of heard me when I saw your Gorgeous shadow box. Remarkable Gracie. WOW!!! I love that you have it on display right now - too pretty to put away. And the price - It's diffidently a GOOD THING! I laughed also at your title for this post:) love Annette

Heather said...

Very clever idea Gracie, I love it. They are all so pretty.

Silverlotus said...

What a lovely way to display your pieces. They look great.

cucki said...

wow sooooooooooooooooo pretty.
hugs x

butterfly said...

So beautiful it's Christmas.

Shirlee said...

Love the motifs in the shadow box! You have really tatted a lot of them & they all look great : )

Vickie said...

Your tatting looks fabulous in that shadow box! Good for you.

CalamityJr said...

Gorgeous way to display your tatting. Kudos to you!

Simply Victoria said...

An absolutely lovely way to display your tatting!!!