Saturday, August 31, 2013

I love a rainy night...day

We had rain late yesterday and now it is sprinkling...lovely soft rain and no wind. I am happy that you enjoyed my sunset pictures....I was so tired last night....busy day at Jo Ann's... that I never looked out to see what the sky was showing.
Here is The Witch..

 I have several more rows to finish her dress....down to the green thread marking the last row. I have everything at the ready to complete her. These patterns are a delight to stitch... I hope there will be  more to come. I bought an already made felt witch hat but I am not sure it will fit. That's okay, because I have the felt to make it according to the pattern if not. I still have the apples to add to the basket. i love when I get to the finishing of a project...
My Halloween project is coming along...almost finished with the stitching part. I kitted the Traveling Pattern...
I put a white envelope in so you could see that the linen is not white, but rather a pink shade. I dyed it with cherry pie filling syrup. I do have to iron it but like the linen to sit for time before using it when I use food to dye it. Yes, I do wash it with cold water thoroughly...although smells of cherry pie are good. My goal is to stitch this over the weekend and then send it off. Do you want to stitch it next? Just leave me a comment telling me so and I will put your name in the drawing.
I am planning a pillow finish...
Enough about me and my plans. Glad you had some time to spend with me today... thank you for the kind words and emails. You really help top start my day with a smile! Smiles are contagious...so smile! Have a good day.

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your Witch looking great, HUGS.

Jennifer M. said...

Your witch looks really cute. I look forward to seeing how you finish her.

Enjoy your weekend :)

Shelly said...

Your witch is lookin good. Hope you made a cherry pie to go with your stitching!

Anne said...

Very sweet design to stitch on a rainy night and day. Those are the best days to sit and stitch!!

cucki said...

aww i love your sweet witch..cuteeee
i love rainy days :)
hugs x

Debbie Bauer said...

Can't wait to see your finish! Your witch is looking really good.
Love Halloween and love Autumn time !

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your witch is great, she looks more of a wise woman than a wicked witch to me!

Cherry Pie filling flavoured fabric? Sounds wonderful!! I use fruit tea to dye fabric and that smells good too.
I also heard of someone using curry powder. Not so keen on my stitching smelling of curry!

Julie said...

Your witch looks very good, a friendly one I think.

Annette-California said...

Your with is looking more darling:) Wow your good, cherry pie filling - who knew -lol. I bet it does smell pretty. I would love to be added for your draw for the traveling chart. It's so pretty:) love Annette