Friday, August 30, 2013

Magnificent......

I love our Arizona sunsets. I watch as the sky changes every second from one look to another amazing sight..

I become lost in the beauty of it all....One minute the sky is grey and foreboding with the hope of rain and then this fireball appears. The dept of the colors ... just when you think it can not be any more beautiful, the clouds move and the sun drops again behind the clouds. This was facing West. Then I looked to the Northwest sky and look what was there... another amazing sight.
The constantly changing colors and it is the same sky! only moving my eyes to the right and  this appears.....
It is hard to see, but the center of the sky has colors of green, blue, pink and soft white. A rainbow in the clouds only in a cluster not the arch. Mr H and I just stood for the longest time to watch this unfold. A wonderful start to end our day. Our monsoon season will end shortly and although the sunsets are always amazing, they are more so with this time of year. So many clouds to add drama to the sky. Today is starting with clouds, but high humidity and the prospect of rain...we can only hope! When we lived back East we would complain if we had cloudy days...they seemed so drab. Instead now, we welcome them and the chance of a rain storm. Although the storms can really play havoc out here with thousands of lightening strikes, the storms are beautiful to watch. The rain is so needed but we are in the Low Valley area and do not get as much as other areas. Hope this was not too boring for you.... I just want to share what makes me happy other than stitching. Glad you stopped by and hope you have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Bernice Geroulis said...

Beautiful pictures, I live in Canada , moisture is not a problem this year, short on sunshine though

Vickie said...

Thank you Gracie. I liked your pictures a lot. =)

Heather said...

Gorgeous piccys Gracie, I love them and I think your weather is a bit like ours. Last day of winter today but it feels like summer and driest August on record.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely sunsets with us.
love Annette

cucki said...

So beautiful..
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs x

Shirlee said...

Isn't God wonderful to put such beauty in the world for us to see? Your photos are lovely!

Julie said...

Amazing, so picturesque, thanks Gracie x

Simply Victoria said...

Great pictures!

Susan Elliott said...

I lived in Lubbock, TX for almost three years. When I first moved, I missed all the green and the trees of my native Maryland. It didn't take me long to fall in love with the wide open spaces that revealed the magnificence of the sky. I can see why you wrote this post and are in love with watching the weather. We used to get out lawn chairs to watch a big black storm roll across the plains. It was truly amazing and I'm so glad I had the experience. Thanks for the memory.