Autumn/Fall was always the time to go to the orchard to get apples. We had a wonderful place to go and the best apples in Rhode Island. Here though, when the temps are still in the 100's the apple orchard thought is far far away. Now I stop at the display table in the market. Oh well....
Last night I was not a happy stitcher. No indeed. I emptied the stitch basket, tossed The Witch aside, parked the needle which I then lost, but no. There was not another skein of Envy anywhere to be found. Well, of course I did not buy two. At the time I did not know that I would make changes. Well, I knew there would be changes, there always is, but did not think that far ahead. The Witch does not have the bottom of her dress finished. I am down to the last 300 stitches and pouf...not enough thread. I will call the needlework shop later before riding there. In the meantime, The Witch is getting apples of a different kind today. I will be going across to Sweet Jeanne's this morning to stitch and chat. A very pleasant thought! Oh the needle. My needles constantly vanish. Sometimes I Mr H finds them as he does the many dropped beads. I do park them on the magnet attached to my work, except when I loose them! I start every project with a package of size 28 needles. At the finish I am lucky to have 2 left. I even break them...do not ask.
Last night Mr H took the camera and found this lovely sunset...
Thank you for visiting with me... hope you have a wonderful day......your kind words make my day wonderful!
Last night I was not a happy stitcher. No indeed. I emptied the stitch basket, tossed The Witch aside, parked the needle which I then lost, but no. There was not another skein of Envy anywhere to be found. Well, of course I did not buy two. At the time I did not know that I would make changes. Well, I knew there would be changes, there always is, but did not think that far ahead. The Witch does not have the bottom of her dress finished. I am down to the last 300 stitches and pouf...not enough thread. I will call the needlework shop later before riding there. In the meantime, The Witch is getting apples of a different kind today. I will be going across to Sweet Jeanne's this morning to stitch and chat. A very pleasant thought! Oh the needle. My needles constantly vanish. Sometimes
Last night Mr H took the camera and found this lovely sunset...
Thank you for visiting with me... hope you have a wonderful day......your kind words make my day wonderful!
7 comments:
Beautiful picture and hope to see a photo of your stitching soon
Beautiful picture..
Hugs x
I know what you mean about losing needles, but I usually find them poked in somewhere else. The thought of picking apples sounds delightful.
I lost 2 needles sitting right here in the same chair the other night. They were #26, and they are very small so I don't expect to find them until I vacuum my carpet on Friday and there is nothing worst than running out of floss before a design is finished.
Hope you had a lovely visit with your friend.
I'm always buying needles, and my cats are always running off with my floss!!! Take care.
My hat is off to Mr. H for a beautiful photograph. As for the needles, I can relate. I live in almost constant fear that one of my needles will end up in Jim or Jack's foot!!!
Post a Comment