Saturday, September 28, 2013

I love Marigolds

Yesterday was a really nice day. The temperature was down and Mr H decided we should visit the Wells Fargo Museum. It is small, free and really very nice. Wonderful original artifacts from stagecoach passengers.... well worth the trip into Phoenix. From there we stopped at a nursery...Mr H can not resist stopping when we pass one! I picked out some herbs and of course marigolds...
Mr H put the chives, parsley and mint in a hanging basket and the marigolds are in a pot just outside the lanai. I choose bright yellow marigolds because they glow in the sunshine!
The final stop on our journey was to stop for lunch... of course. There is this small hot dog place in Phoenix..it is called, The Great Dane Dog House. Not much of a place to draw your attention, but the Vienna beef dogs are really good.
Once we arrived back home it was time to pick out a couple of
 ornament to stitch.... finally found 2 that I will do once I gather the supplies. This will be my weekend project if and this is a big if, I do not get sidetracked.  I have so many too many projects lined up. At least I have sometime before they need to be sent here or there. My want to do list is very long and I keep adding all the time. You know the saying----eyes too big for your stomach?... mine is eyes too big for stitching time. I am off to work today...too bad...it is glorious outside...I could be sitting on the lanai or the front porch stitching....As always, it is so nice to have you visit here with me. I thank you for the kind words and friendship.... have a good day.

6 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful flower..I love the color so much..
Happy stitching
Hugs x

Shirlee said...

I love marigolds : ) My mother always had them growing in her garden. I liked the look & the smell of them.

butterfly said...

Sounds like a nice day out , my marigolds have been wonderful this year and still are at the moment.
Have a lovely week hugs.

Brigitte said...

I also love yellow flowers during the fall season. They look like little suns even when it's raining.
Growing to-do-lists, who doesn't know them, lol. Have fun stitching your ornaments.

Silverlotus said...

There is never enough time to make everything we want to, is there? All we can do is make the best of the time we do have.

The marigolds are lovely!

Julie said...

Looking forward too seeing which ornaments you choose in the end, i can easily while away a few hours pondering over the lovelies in the ornament editions.