Sunday, September 29, 2013

Enjoying the beautiful morning

It is just lovely outside this morning...I have been sitting outside on the lanai for a few hours. At first, just sitting...
listening to the water in the pond.... catching glimpses of the fish. They hide more than not when I approach, but when Mr H is out they quickly have learned to come to the surface because he drops in food. Just a small pond, but delightful. Then I had a tiny visitor ...
this little fellow entertained me with his fluttering about....to the feeder then to the bushes before landing here. Love watching them dart about the yard sometimes hovering just a few inches in front of us.
Finally I settled down to some stitching...coffee and basket.
I have several ornament that must get done.... I have two to work on here and finished a tatted one the other day and planning for another in my mind. Mr H will watch a few football games while I stay outside.... probably moving to the front later. The temp is just 75 and expected to be around 93 today...nice....but it is still quite hot in the sun. I might even manage to read a little while sitting outside. Obviously I enjoy your visiting with me, but sitting here is not getting the stitching accomplished...and the sounds of the pond are calling to me.....so I will return to my chair on the lanai and finish my coffee....glad you did stop by. Hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Aww so much fun..
Happy stitching
Big hugs x

butterfly said...

Sounds nice enjoy your day.

Vickie said...

That is still a bit hot for me Gracie. Stay in the shade! ;)

Heather said...

Delightful visitor you had this morning! I love to sit outside and just absorb the beauty as well.

Simply Victoria said...

Your pretty spot on the lanai looks like a great spot for stitching. Enjoy!

Silverlotus said...

Wow, what a lovely pond. It looks like a wonderful place to stitch.

Julie said...

Stitching to the sound of the water sounds perfect, enjoy!