Friday, June 14, 2013

Here's looking at you....

What a day...and it is only 10 AM! I awoke at 4:15 AM...now that is a little late for me. I decided to pick up my tatting and get another section done on round 3.... bad idea. Well, as I looked I did not like the way it was coming....so out it came...round 3 that it. I re-started it but then decided to have something with my coffee. Mr H was also awake...surprise as he is never up that early. In the fridge he found Pillsbury Biscuits so he decided to bake them. Delicious with melted butter. I did have another plan for them but this was not a bad idea. Of course Mr H returned to bed and I picked up Doll...
she can now see you and me. I always do the face of any doll or critter asap... I do not like a blank face ..... there was a couple of comments I would like to address....it is not my own design as I am not talented enough to do so. The pretty "draping" around her face is a lovely old sheer handkerchief from the early 1960's. I have so many...all mine from the time I was just a girl.... I will have to show you one day soon. I tried a little playful camera work blurring out the hanky...fun to play with photo programs. It is already warm this morning. I do have a few errands I should do...notice the should in there. I do not k know if I have the ambition to go out.
The give away is still open from the post here.... and to anyone if if you do not have a blog or are a regular follower. I found some other things but they will be for another time. I guess I should have a cup of tea....so glad we visited today. Thank you for the kind words and emails...hope you have a great day.

12 comments:

meggie said...

The doll is looking very pretty, the hankie is lovely!
Happy weekend (:

Minnie said...

Love her sweet face and the hankie too.

Julie said...

Oh my, she's a beauty, her modesty gown is pretty till she gets dressed properly!

cucki said...

Aww she is so cute..kisses x

Vickie said...

She is wonderful Gracie.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Faces can be a hit or a miss, I think she's most definitely the former.

Simply Victoria said...

So sweet. Love the hankie.

Annette-California said...

She looks happy to see us and you now. Your hankerchief is beautiful. Hope you enjoy your day. Sorry to hear the frogs were visiting you so early this morning:) love Annette

Brigitte said...

Ahhh, such a lovely face, I love her smile and the rosy cheeks. Great picture with the hankies around her.

Mouse said...

I always have to put the eyes on last ... can't do with them looking at me as I am stitching them ..lol
and yum biscuits with a cuppa :0 love mouse xxxxxx

Ele said...

So sweet! :)

SoCal Debbie said...

Her face looks so cute!