Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A tatted pincushion completed

I can't believe that I have not been here since Friday last. Since I have not done or been anywhere memorable, there is not much to say about these last 4 days.... well, I have been stitching and Mr H and I have enjoyed watching a the P D James Adam Daglish series. We enjoy the various mystery series and never tire of seeing them over again. I have made nice progress on The Doll... soon it will be time to find her backing piece and trim. I have promised myself to look in my fabric stash first....
I have a busy day with Mr H as he has 2 doctor appointments today.... I have a meeting with Debra tomorrow to practice adding beads to my tatting. You knew I would sooner or later want to know how to do that. I love adding beads to almost everything. I did find a bracelet to bead on line but forgot to pick up the pearls yesterday before leaving work. I am off until Tuesday so I plan to get lots of stitching time in. Would you like to see my new pincushion?

I really like how it finished. I added beads to attach it to the cushion. I kept them subtle but there is a sparkle when you see them. I did learn a few things while tatting this piece. The patterns are not always right understandable.... they leave things out or maybe they assume you should know things. I now am sure to base what I am doing on looking at the picture also and writing out instructions simply. All in all, I am very pleased with myself! I see a few of these as being gifts.....as well as the snowflakes. I think I know which of them will be next. I am happy to have shared my time with you today.... thanks for the kind words and emails. I will be listing the give away tomorrow.... so there is still time to choose. Have a great day.

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

Congratulations Gracie!!! The pincushion looks wonderful!

Vickie said...

Oh, that is fabulous Gracie.

Gemma Cleaver said...

That's a lovely pincushion! I keep meaning to make one but never seem to get round to it... busy stitching other things instead!

Gemma

http://yousewshould.blogpost.co.uk

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Your pincushion is beautiful!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very clever work, really bonnie.

Ele said...

What a beautiful pincushion! So clever of you!

cucki said...

Wow I love it..it is my fav and so beautiful..
Big hugs x

Annette-California said...

Your pincushion is gorgeous. Is the fabric underneath pink suede? I love the lace looking effect. Stunning!
love Annette

Lelia said...

Oh, so lovely!!!! Job well done ; )

Brigitte said...

Congratulations, Gracie. Your tatting is fantastic.

Julie said...

Gracie that is so very pretty, you are clever!