Friday, June 21, 2013

Good day yesterday...off day today...

Just not feeling myself this morning. I do not like the person that is here today....just not feeling too well, nothing major, just my stomach is unhappy. A few pills and I hope by the time noon rolls by I will be okay. I think it may have been the brussel sprouts last night... but they were so good.Yesterday was a nice day. I got to visit with Debra and learned how to add beads to my tatting.
I did a practice piece and today will start the Christmas Tree with beads ornament! I have to get use to the new larger shuttle, but as long as I move slowly with it, I will feel more comfortable. Just when I finally felt comfortable with the regular one.  I am using some inexpensive multi colored seed beads for this one, then I will make one with nicer beads.
On Wednesday after our visit the tree trimmers arrived to take care of the palm trees....
to watch him climb to the top of this swaying tall skinny tree....then using his very very sharp cutting tool, off come the palm branches... a mountain of debris that is quickly picked up by the workers and put through the  shredder.  Our courtyard has 9 palm trees and as soon as it is started, he is finished. The Grackles swoop in to grab any seeds and bugs.... the lawn is raked and by the time Mr H was up, he did not know they were even here.
We found a possible bee colony. I was watching a bunny on our front pathway and I saw this bee enter the bottom of the frame of the front bedroom window... he did not come back out and then another slid in. Never knew there was a space there! Mr H immediately sprayed the only insect spray on hand and we taped off the window bottom. Last night one tried to leave but got caught in the tape. Today Mr H will seal it off permanently. Just how long has this been going on?  If this continues, I guess we will have to call someone in to check. I do not want to hurt the bees as they are so important to pollination for the flowers, but I also do not expect to allow them to build nests in the outside house wall. Never a dull moment around here. This  morning as I picked up the newspaper, a lizard scooted  from under it....thank goodness it decided to run the other way and not into the garage. That has happened once before..... took a few days before it found it's way out. Well, think a cup of tea is necessary.... glad you visited today.... thank you for the kind words and emails that I so enjoy. Have a wonderful day...

14 comments:

Annie said...

Ok, you are the only person I have ever seen make this statement:

"I think it may have been the brussel sprouts last night... but they were so good."

You mean there really are brussel sprounts fans out there?

Colorado Stitcher said...

Hope you feel better! Bead seem to make everything pretty!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I can relate to the stomach issues, I'm just back home from dinner out and ate pea and ham soup for starter - I now have a really sore stomach:-)
I hope you can sort out the bees without harming them - they are so important in the scheme of things.

cucki said...

I hope you feel better soon...
Sending you big cucki's hugs xxx

meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Beautiful tatting.
Hope you feel better soon.
Happy weekend (:

Silverlotus said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Your tatting looks wonderful. I just can't get the hang of it, but you are a natural!

Anita said...

Hope you're feeling better by the afternoon. Nothing worse than running on 4 cylinders when you're really a V8!!
Cheers,Anita.

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ele said...

Hope you feel better,
Lovely tatting

Mouse said...

hahahah Annie ... love your comment and yes I do like brussel sprouts too ...lol hope you are feeling much better Gracie and well done on the tatting .... love the photos of your tree trimmers and hope you got your bee problem sorted .... as you say you can't kill them as they are protected but at the same time not good to be in your house either .... love mouse xxxxx

Shirlee said...

You're tatting with beads now! You've come a long way Gracie : ) I'm sure the ornament will look wonderful! You have to give those tree trimmers credit who work on those palm trees. Scary! Had to laugh at the lizard hiding under your newspaper & scurrying into the garage. Reminds me of when we used to live in Florida : ) Have a nice weeekend!

Cardygirl said...

The tatting is fabulous....you are doing really well with it. I quite like Brussels sprouts!

Julie said...

My daughter once asked why she couldn't have Brussel sprouts every day, I think she's the only child I know who loved them lol.
Stunning tatting.

Julie said...

My daughter once asked why she couldn't have Brussel sprouts every day, I think she's the only child I know who loved them lol.
Stunning tatting.