Sunday, June 9, 2013

another snowflake....another sculpture

Oh my have we been having hot days...the temp yesterday was 110 at 3:30 PM when I left work and it is 85 now and expected to be 108 later. Imagine that we think we are in a cool spell when the temp is 90! This is Arizona and it is summer... so the air conditioner in the house and car are always on and I am comfortable. Every place you go here is air conditioned so. It is just the getting from the car to the building!
I finished my 2nd snowflake....

I* had lots of problems with this one. Debra stopped by to help me. It appears that it is the way the directions are written... or better, what was left out. So going forward, I will really plan out the directions and more or less follow the picture. Mr H thinks it is perfect so that is all I need! I want to do something with beads. Debra advised me to order 2 new shuttles that are better for that and when they arrive ( should be Monday) we will meet so she can show me the how to. In the meantime, I will be starting a tatted top for a pincushion. I still have not begun the Alphabet doll...because I am stitching away on an exchange piece for Angela due for mailing in July. Maybe today....
I have started to see the baby fish more. For a time, I thought Mr H was dreaming or seeing things. It is changing color from all black to orange now making it more visible. With the pond being very dark at the bottom, black was the perfect camouflage for it. I will try for a picture....but until then how about another sculpture...
This is called Leading the Way, the cotton farmer. It is at The Glendale Library Garden and is by Ann La Rose from New Mexico. Again, the detail is wonderful. The woman's shoe laces are perfect. I so enjoy finding these sculptures. I hope you enjoy seeing them too. I need a cup of coffee, so off I go. The house is comfy and the Sunday paper has been read. Thank you for the kind words and email...they make my day. Have a good day.....

3 comments:

cucki said...

I love the cute snowflake..it's so sweet
Hugs x

Julie said...

Fabulous sculpture and another stunning snowflake.

Trace4J said...

Beautiful snowflake.
Great job.
Love the sculpture too.
Woolie Hugs