Thursday, June 6, 2013

One of my favorite sculptures...

All around Arizona are beautiful water features and sculptures. Some are very western and then there are the others...
I just love this one.."The Valentine"......it is at the Peoria City Hall Complex. The detail is wonderful. Look how she rests her head on his shoulder and the smile on his face. The shoe laces detail of the shoes. The artist is George Lundeen from Colorado. Just wanted to share....
I have started Snowflake #2...almost finished too. Thank you all for your sweet comments on the Candle stand Violets and snowflake #1. I have decided to stitch one of the Alphabet Dolls from The Needle's Notion But I will leave off the letter C....and add a few beads here and there. Well, my friends, that is it for now. Work today...it is Inventory Day at Jo Ann's...and it should be over by the time I arrive at noon....then the return bolts to the display mode....hope we get a good result. In the meantime, so glad you could visit...thanks again for the kind words and emails. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

cucki said...

So beautiful x

Julie said...

Now that really is a lovely statue. Have a good day at work. X

Silverlotus said...

Oh, that is such a lovely statue. Thank you for sharing it.

♥ Nia said...

Ohhh that's so sweet :) thank you for sharing with us!
Hugs&smiles

Simply Victoria said...

I am catching up a bit here. I love the snowflakes you have made - so pretty! This sculpture is wonderful. The artist captured such feeling as shown on the faces and in the detail.