Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2 completed projects and baby doves

Decided to check on he Dove nest...
and look at these 2 cuties.....
The mom was not too pleased with me, but I really needed to check. Now we will stay away from the nest and it won't be long before these two will go flying away, well at least fly to my bird feeder. I dare not tell Mr H that I caught a finch eating one of the flowers from a plant in the yard.... he will soon find out himself when he is out there watering. They have eaten all the tomato flowers so we will not have tomatoes...the first and last time that the plant is in the front yard!

I did finish my Tatted Snowflake Motif #1...

I am excited to know that I really can tat now! It was the first time using 2 shuttles and the first time making the Josephine Knot...the cute little tip to the outer edge. I could never have done this without all the encouragement from you my friends and thank you again Shirlee for finding me Debra. I also completed the Candle Stand Violets....
I made a few changes... you knew I would. I did not do a complete outline as I thought it was too much, so I selected where I wanted it  and I added dimension with the ribbon and beads and the little pink butterfly.
I told you I would tell you about the road trip with Debra. First to The Attic.... we admit that we were a little disappointed...so many display items still on the floor and many empty spots for patterns. Love the new store as it is larger and brighter. This is the first time I have visited The Attic and spent under $20.00....this will shock Dear Ziz!!! We plan to return in a few months to see how it progresses. Then off to The Fiber Factory. Debra is taking an advanced Tatting class there and we thought, great, we will find supplies. Wrong! There was not even a display of what they will teach in the class. So we decided to trek on over to Scottsdale to visit Old Town Needlework and we were not disappointed there. We were greeted and handed cold bottles of water and I of course found a few items to leave with. We really did enjoy the day.....
I hope you enjoyed the visit with me today. I always love having you and your kind words and emails. I now will find the next tatting motif to begin and of course a X stitch project...maybe the sweet doll..... anyway, enjoy your day.

8 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Sounds like a great good adventure you had! :)
And the baby doves are sweet!

cucki said...

Aww the baby doves are so sweet xx

Trace4J said...

What sweet little doves.
And wow beautiful tatting.
Woolie hugs

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie, oh I envy you the doves, our regular family have moved away because we had to cut down their favourite nesting place. What a pleasure it will be to watch them grow & learn to fly.
Your tatting is amazing, what a skill, I always love to see what you can make, so fine & delicate. x

Shirlee said...

Lovely snowflake motif! Are you planning to make several snowflakes for your Christmas tree? You are welcome for the hookup : ) The candle stand project is beautiful!!! I have always wanted to make one of those. The mourning dove babies are adorable : )

stitcheranon said...

Very cute..love the snowflake. I am kind of intrigued with tatting but wouldnt have a clue where to start...well done with yours x

Julie said...

Your snowflake is amazing, I would call you an expert tatter now.
Violets look splendid, such a pretty finish.
Cute little new babies.

SoCal Debbie said...

The tatting looks wonderful and your violets are so beautiful!