Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Postman delivered~~~~~

Yesterday brought 2 new packages! one from Lisa for the BBD Exchange

Just love the tiny buttons Lisa put on this. And the chenille trim just makes you want to touch it. So glad to meet a new friend. Stop by and visit her blog.
These exchanges are so great... not only do we get to share our creative talent, but we meet a new friend.
Speaking of a new friend, I also am lucky to be part of the SSCS that is hosted by Chooky. This year my package is from Anthea who is from Western Australia. I must tell you, that I have been visiting all the SSCS girls and admiring their work. When I stopped by Anthea's blog, I loved her embroidery and thought, Iwould love one of those for my gift! Little did I know she was my Secret Santa and I did get one! It is already on the Ziz Tree!
About the Ziz Tree.... I suppose you want to know, "What is a Ziz Tree". It is the lovely woodland style tree that Dear Ziz gave me! Always wanted on now I have one and it is called The Ziz Tree. Today being the 1st of December, a time that I usually get my cards ready for the mailing, I want to share an address that I send to each year.
A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Hospital
6900 N W Georgia Avenue
NW Washington D.C. 20307-5001....... maybe you would like to send a card to cheer someone away from home this holiday. I hope you will be able to stop back to see me tomorrow. I am Day 2 of Jo's Advent Calendar Blog Hop.  
So nice to see you today....enjoy your Saturday and see you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

What wonderful, lovely gifts you have received Gracie. Have a good day now. See you tomorrow.

cucki said...

wow very sweet gifts..
have a lovely day..
hugs x

Anna van Schurman said...

Walter Reed closed. You shouldn't send cards there. http://www.snopes.com/politics/christmas/soldiercards.asp

pam said...

Wonderful prizes you got!

Minnie said...

It's a beautiful idea to send cards to soldiers, however because they are not addressed to a specific soldier by name they will not be delivered for security reasons. Being that the new Walter Reed Hospital is on a military installation close to Washington, DC. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.