Sunday, December 2, 2012

I am Day 2

Yes, I am... Jo's Advent Calendar Blog Hop of 2012. Visit her here to see all of us.
I stitched this little guy in 199 and the pattern and who designed it are long lost. Sorry I can not provide any info...except to tell you I just love this little piece. Jo chose the theme; Stockings, Sack or Something else. Mr H and I still hang our stockings...

okay, the fireplace is electric... but it is pretty. Santa never fills mine. Well, that is not really true, there is a card in it--- sometimes when it is not too big to fit. Then I find it in the tree. Anything for me is usually wrapped and tucked under the tree. Mr H does get his filled. I heard something about my stocking not being regular. You see, I crazy quilted mine years ago. It was the year that I made both our boys their stockings with applique on burlap. The oldest one, Denny has his but I still have the younger one Eric's. I see that it would need a little repair.
I need to make a correction from yesterdays post. The soldier address that I post is the wrong one. After I read a couple of my comments, I looked againg at the note on my desk.. If I had looked at the correct side of the paper, I would have read this...
       Holiday Mail for Heroes   P O Box 5456  Capitol Heights, MD  20791-5456
This I got from the post office. I should stop writing notes and reverse of other notes! The mail must be sent before December 7th to be delivered. The salutation can only be Dear Service Member and only cards are accepted. Well, friends, time for a cup of coffee and to finish decorating the living room tree. I put it up last night but was too tired to complete it. The room is a disaster with everything strewn about! Welcome to some new friends.... and thank you for the kind words and emails. Tomorrow I will show you what the postman brought . Have a wonderful Sunday.

16 comments:

cucki said...

aww such a cutie,,i love the little guy so much..
lovely fireplace display xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part!
Love your little Santa and your traditionla stockings.

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
What a cute pattern and it goes well with the frame. The stockings are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

Katy said...

Adorable!

Linda said...

A beautiful stitched picture. Lovely Christmas stockings hung up by the fireplace - perhaps this year it will be filled!

Vickie said...

Awesome treasures Gracie!

Minnie said...

Love the stockings and the Santa, I'm also glad you found another address for cards to soldiers. Thank you.

Kathy A. said...

Sweet ornament. He is just so cute!

Wendy said...

such a lovely Santa. I don't have a seasonal stitchery or cross stitch, maybe this year I should make one. Noone ever fills my stocking either!

Wendy said...

such a lovely Santa. I don't have a seasonal stitchery or cross stitch, maybe this year I should make one. Noone ever fills my stocking either!

Yvon (jioya) said...

I really like your little Santa.
I hope your Christmas will be a merry one.

Hugs Yvon.

Anne said...

I love the little Santa! He's darling!! Both yours and your husband's stockings are darling! He should get filling yours though!!!

Joanne said...

I love your Santa! So cute! It is a Mosey 'n Me chart called Feather Tree Santa.

rosey175 said...

Such a cute Santa! He has such a crazy hat, haha! And I think your crazy quilt stocking is beautiful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is a great Santa! Great job participating in the blog hop!

Topcho said...

Aw this Santa is such a cutie!!