Sunday, November 25, 2012

So glad last week has ended!

It is finally over-- the Black Friday weekend. Most of the customers were friendly and pleasant, but it only takes the one who complains they have to wait, the one who questions why when we are busy we are taking breaks, the one who keeps calling on her cell phone to her husband in the car that she is still waiting. Just glad that it is over. My apron has been a big hit with the customers as has all the other girl's aprons. One of the managers plans to keep them on display during the week until we wear them for the weekends. Hopes are that customers will want the patterns and fabrics.
Recently I found a cute pincushion idea and we know how I like my pincushions... this was from Get Creative Conference Center... design by Marie Browning Creates.


It was a fun piece to work on. I have 3 other fabric designs I would like to finish.
I mailed out a few exchanges this past week and have several more to go on Monday. My BBD was received by Linda Nelson... you can see it here.    Don't you just love black Bird Designs!
Well, I am almost to the stitch together my latest Biscornu so I think I will wish you a fine day and have a cup of tea while I work on it. It is always a pleasure to have you stop by and thank you for the kind words.
Can you believe that Christmas is one month away!?

8 comments:

rosey175 said...

Congrats on surviving Black Friday! I refused to go out of the house on Friday. Even if the deals were amazing, there was nothing I needed bad enough to put up with other customers, lol!

That is a fabulous pincushion! I really like her little lacy sleeve!

Vickie said...

Whew! I just went to JoAnn twice today and it was buuuusssyy!

cucki said...

Aww very sweet pin cushion xxx

Nicola said...

It is so pretty and "femmine". I want one !!

Patty C. said...

So glad you survived Black Friday !
I like your pincushions ;)

Julie said...

Beautiful pin cushion.

Annette-California said...

Glad you made thru this weekend. I love your pin cushions.
love Annette
ps I also went tonight to JoAnn's. Love that store.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Stunning detail and flow to your pin catch Gracie - SO pretty and cheerful!

I can't imagine trying to keep pace (or patience!) with the crush of people on BFriday - it says a great deal about your kindness that you could smile your way thru it each year...

A month to Christmas - oh me oh my!
It arrives sooner every year it seems

Have a good week :-)
Hugs, Issy