Friday, November 23, 2012

Long day ahead~~~

Black Friday----- for me it means an 8 hour work day.  Now wait, remember that I am semi-retired and work a couple of days a week for 4 to 5 hours.  Instead of shopping I will be measuring and cutting fabric for the next 2 days.  This year Jo Ann headquarters decided that we could wear a holiday apron on the weekends.  It has to be from a pattern that we sell, and fabric from the department.  Many of us have decided to do that...  here is my version...
Nothing like the original pattern.  I love the old fashion print.  The pattern is a Butterick... I do not particularly like their patterns, but it was on sale for $1.99 instead of $11.99 so that was incentive.  The fabric line was also on sale which brought the apron down to around $12.00 to make.  One of our managers plans to hang them during the week above the cut counter for a display through the holiday.
Mr H and I had a nice quiet relaxing Thanksgiving.  The turkey was moist and the stuffing/dressing was delicious.  I did make the mini pies and we enjoyed the apple last night for dessert.  I bought the set of  10 Pyrex pie dishes... they are 6 inches... and the recipe book on sale at work.  We usually waste a regular whole pie as it is just the 2 of us.  This has been a nice way to enjoy dessert.  This weekend I will make turkey pot pies.   I also bought the 4 piece casserole set.  Yes, sometimes I do cook but it is very limited! and I love to bake.  One of these days I will have to tell you about when Mr H and I first married. I was very challenged in the household duties!
I am so happy you stopped by on this busy day.  I hope your yesterday was wonderful and your weekend will be relaxing... or if you are planning tho shop, hope you get all the bargains you are looking for.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my! Work is going to be something for you. Hang in there.
Love the apron.

Trace4J said...

Good Morning
I love the apron.
I hope you have a wonderful day even in the Black Friday craziness.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Woolie Hugs Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

pam said...

Cute Apron. You are a brave soul to face the BF crazies!

Nicola said...

Your apron reminds me of one I made in school many moons ago.

I have been thinking about your banana cream pies.

cucki said...

aww very cute apron..
i love it
big hugs
cucki x

blue star stitcher said...

I love your apron colors, how nice they let you wear your own for the holidays. I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope your weekend at least goes by quickly.

Julie said...

I hope your customers are nice and friendly and very patient today, you are going to be very busy I bet. Beautiful apron.

Fiore said...

I look forward to receiving news about your Black Friday. Love the apron. It's so nice.
Fiore

Annette-California said...

I love your apron:) its beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Hope you make it through the sale - good luck to you. love Annette

SoCal Debbie said...

Beautiful Apron! I wore one all day on Wednesday and Thursday! I love the homemade aprons the best.