Sunday, February 12, 2012

True Friendship ~~~

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. Marlene Dietrich


Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_friendship2.html#ixzz1mBW88js3

          Well, I did not call at 4am, but if I had the result would have been the same.
Yes, Dear Ziz..... to the rescue. When I found this treasure of a friend I was given such a gift. Both she and Mr Ziz....Tony... are two of the dearest people I have the pleasure of having in my life. When Mr H was ill and then with several surgeries and tests..... they were always there at the ready.
The under the house leak was finished on Tuesday. All the new pipes in and ready. BUT the plaster work was not. On Friday they sent someone out. When he arrived at 9 am and announced he could not get the job completed before 1pm...I wanted to just scream. It has been having the house in disarray for a week with furniture and holes in the walls scream. The problem was that the company knew we had to go for a medical test for Mr H at 1 and yet here was this quiet pleasant guy trying his best. I planned to have him leave and schedule another time...like Monday...but wait. Monday is the day the hot water heater is being replaced. What to do. It is getting to be 11 am....I know call the Ziz's. Tony assured me there was no problem in their helping out. Promptly at one Dear Ziz appear with a craft to do and a book. Always with a smile...I do hope you have a Dear Ziz in your life.....because I am not sharing mine!!
.
Happy to say the house is back in tact...no holes and painted. No sign of the mess. Finally I get to work in my room again.Some where along this week I managed to stress my right side of my back. Probably with moving the daybed and trundle. So today is a quiet stitch day for me. I had taken my Hearts SAL project with me but I did not get very far. MrH's procedure was quick and then it was just to wait with him while the anesthesia wore off. Bu I have managed to get the outline finished...
I choose to do the outline and stitching using DMC. I am still thinking of how to stitch the design....but that is for today.
Do you see the yellow tape around the pattern...
It is really a great idea. I thought it would help me keep somewhat of an even stitch around the design outline. A new addition to my stitching box.

If you have made it this far, then I hope you were not bored with my tale. Thank you for stopping by to listen to me and thank you for the kind words you send.....have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

cucki said...

hello deary,
what a sweet quotation..i love it so much..
such a sweet post and lovely hearts you making..
happy crafting with all my love xxx

Cindy said...

I know how you feel my special friend is Sandy and I have called her at 4am and she and her husband came to help. Friends like this become our chosen family. I am very close to my family as well but we live in different cities so it has been wonderful to expand my family in this way.

Cardygirl said...

Glad all is now well...sounds like we all need a Ziz!

Vickie Niggemann said...

Oh, I want a Ziz! Don't have one. :( Have a peaceful,restful day Gracie.

Michele said...

I do have a Dear Ziz! I do! Mine has been my bestest friend for over 28 years...since we were in 8th grade together. We never fail each other.

Mouse said...

way to go Miss Ziz to the rescue .... thank goodness you got everything done and sorted now for the next bit .... hope you are feeling better today ....
take care too love mouse xxxx

Teresa said...

I can't wait to see your hearts. It is nice having a special friend.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Patty C. said...

Happy Valentines Gracie ;)

Mangogirl said...

those sorts of friends are the best.