Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yesterday's Secret Valentine was lots of fun. My Valentine was from Wagapapa Creations...all the way from Spain. Cucki received this one from me....
Jo hosted this fun project and is already planning our next adventure. It was nice to meet some new friends.
I finished my SAL hosted by Lee but did not want to push into yesterday's fun...so here it is. I dyed the linen...32ct with beet juice. The stitching was done with DMC 603.




I added a few flowers and used the Honeycomb stitch....but I could not pull the stitches tightly because it left holes. But I like the way the pearl beads look on it.


I edged it with narrow grograin ribbon in a matching pink that I found in my ribbon box. Holding the habger in place is a pearl topped pin. I really like how it turned out.
I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. Mr H bought me some candy and a beautiful card. It doesn't take much to please either of us after all these years. I think it is time to call the doctor as my back is still hurting me to the point of feeling very distracted. Ialso must get my haircut. I am so used to keeping it short, that a little over do is too much. So, it may be a busy day today. Hope you are having a great day. Thank you for visiting with me and welcome to my new friends.

11 comments:

cucki said...

Aww it was so much fun,,
Lovely hearts
Hugs cucki xxx

cucki said...

Aww we had such fun,,
Lovely hearts,,
Big hugs
Cucki xcx

pam said...

Your version of Lee's heart is lovely.

Teresa said...

Love your little pink heart. I saw them on Lee's blog but have not had a chance to make one, so glad you did.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Patty C. said...

Beautiful work Gracie.
I hope your back feels better soon!

Sally said...

Beautiful.

SoCal Debbie said...

Your pink heart is beautiful! Wonderful stitching and beading and finishing, too!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW they are both BEAUTIFUL!

Nicola said...

Your pink heart is exquisite. Back pain is not good. Sending you a BIG hug xxx

Simple Pleasure said...

Your pink heart is sooo lovely! It looks very much like a Valentine's Day cookie I decorated. I think it is neat that you used beet juice to dye the linen. For a Halloween pin keep, I dyed with onion skins and created a beautiful Vintage pumpkin colored fabric.
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Mangogirl said...

beautiful stitching :D