Thursday, February 9, 2012

And it's purple too~~~~

Can you imagine having a vacuum in your favorite colors? Purple and lavender?
While we were are the register in Lowe's yesterday.... getting paint for the man who is coming today to do the plastering...this vac was on display. Now my vac is working but it is 6 years old and a bit sluggish, so Mr H added this to the cart. Love the colors!

I mention the plaster man because today is the day they will repair the several holes cut into my walls and then plaster and they will even paint for us. Javier and his helper were here all day on Tuesday making holes to re-connect  the hot water line. I have been unable to stitch or sew as the sewing room had to
be re-arranged for them to work. I can not wait to get back in there. But while it has been out of my reach, I did find a few small pieces of linen to dye....
The light piece in the back  was dyed using Dragon Eye Oolong tea and the other pieces I used beet juice. Now those are not wrinkles, just the way I squeezed the fabric while it was in the juice. I plan to use the pink pieces to make a project that is on Lee's blog....

I love the Arizona temps...they allow flowers to bloom all year long....
The Kangaroo Paw is in flower....so fuzzy and pretty.
It was so nice to have you stop by today.....thank you for the kind words you leave for me. I do hope you have a wonderful day. 


12 comments:

cucki said...

aww sweet purple vacuum..i love it..
lovely flowers..
have a lovely day xxx

pam said...

A home really can't have enough purple! lol

geeky Heather said...

Oooo, very pretty fabric you have dyed! Thank you for sharing the Kangaroo Paw! Such a unique looking flower!

Lelia said...

Too pretty to switch 'on' --- ; )

RuthB said...

Lovely work on your fabric dye! And, you're right, the vacuum cleaner is a very pleasing shade :)

Lee said...

Love the colours you have created on your fabric look forward to seeing what you stitch on them.

And This Little Pig said...

Love tea dye's, except whena few stray tea leaves find there way out of the bag :@ Never dyed with vege/fruit juice, great result. Cut vac.

And look Aussie Kangaroo Paw :@

LiBBiE in Oz

Teresa said...

Love the fabric dyed in the beet juice, how clever. Are you going to making some of the wonderful hearts.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

blue star stitcher said...

I just replaced my ancient vacuum this year, and was surprised how much of a difference the new one made. Dyson has a pink one out and I am sorely tempted.

Vicky said...

Love the new vac. You should try and get a black kangaroo paw they are awesome :0)

Nicola said...

I just love the idea of a purple and lavender hoover. I never knew that they existed.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The beetroot juice is a great idea! It's made a lovely pink.

Looking forward to seeing what you stitch on it.