Saturday, February 4, 2012

A new day and a finish

These are my nesting dolls...all 4 of them. And here is Baboushka..

I really like her colors. I hope to complete her this coming week. I have the backing fabric from my stash.

What a face. Outlining the flowers gives nice detail.
This was a nice project and I will enjoy having her in my sewing room.
I am so glad yesterday is over with all the ins and outs of workmen. The plumbers return on Tuesday to put some holes in the walls and ceilings to run new pipes....not looking forward to this at all.
I want to say thank you for the birthday wishes. I did not have time to post this, but look what arrived for me....
Thank you Cindy. A wonderful surprise for my birthday. I love the pastel felt...they will be perfect for the needlebook I am planning... and the patterns are terrific.
I need some toast and coffee right about now, so I will wish you all a great day.  I will be off to work....thank you for the kind words and visits. Hopefully I will be able to add back to my sidebar the blogs I visit...so far so good.

11 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What a way to spend your day! I'm glad you're planning to celebrate another time. Your doll is lovely, and such nice gifts from Cindy. I'll be making the Spring Sneezes for my daughter, as she and I have a miserable time of it come spring (said woefully, lol).

Sally said...

Your doll is looking lovely.

Lovely gifts from Cindy.

Mouse said...

ooooo she looks lovely :) can't wait to see her finished and lovely goodies you got too :) have a good day :) love mouse xxxx

Teresa said...

She is looking so lovely.
Enjoy your wonderful new goodies.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches.

pam said...

Your dolls is amazing. Great job

Cardygirl said...

Lovely stitching!

valerie said...

Love your Babushka finish! So Pretty!

Nicola said...

Babushka is so beautiful. Am looking forward to seeing how you will be finishing her.

cucki said...

hello deary, its me cucki from south africa..your new friend..
thank you so much for stopping by my humble blog..
your doll is looking so sweet..
lovely gift from cindy..
big hugs cucki xxx

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Beautiful.
I want to do some of these for 2 special little girls. They were adopted in Ukraine and Estonia and brought here to live with their new family. I love those 2 little ones.