Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The first day~~~~~

It's February..... the shortest month and I plan will make the most of every day!
I went out to check My Garden and ....
the string beans have flowers. Okay, it seems to be a few but they are getting ready. I am sure there will be more flowers soon. I love fresh string beans. I would like Mr H to move this portable garden more to the center of the yard area.... but I am not sure he will go for it. True, the plants would get more sun, but when the sun is hot and even now with temps at 70, it is a hot sun, it will be too much for the plants. Last summer my tomatoes spent lots of time under an umbrella.

Baboushka is looking pretty...
her tummy is almost full... of flowers that is. Wooden doll #3 is pictured today....
By the way, I know some of you are wondering why I am spelling Baboushka this way...well, because that is the way it is in the pattern. And yes, it is/can be spelled babushka....
Looks like I will get her stitching finished as I hoped... I think I found the right floral fabric to complete her. I will take her to work on Saturday and match it up.
I have been working on my Quilties for Sandra Kaye's trade due for mailing by the 15th. Lace is the theme.

Some days...I drove home from work at 5:30 last night with the sun roof open and Leon Russell singing to me. As I approached the cul-de-sac I pressed the garage remote and open it did. But and this is a big one, but the door would not close. Nada...not with the remote, or the wall monunted control....finally we did manually get it closed. Mr Ziz to the rescue with the phone number of a repairman to call today. Just another issue.....

Did you enter the drawing for my Un-Birthday? See post of 1/30 ....deadline is Friday the 3rd.  Think it is time for breakfast... I am getting that feed me message from the stomach..... scrambled eggs with green onions and mushrooms  with fresh chopped tomato should do the trick. So with that, I shall be off to the stove and wish you a good day. Thank you for stopping by today and for the lovely comments and email..... hugs to you all.


5 comments:

Mouse said...

oooo you will have beans in no time at all ... the wee doll is coming along beautifully and hope the door gets fixed soon :)
your breakfast made me hungry so had to have tea ...lol :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

Your greenbean plants will have beans in no time at all! Your doll looks lovely!

Vicky said...

I noticed this morning that the mornings are not as light as they have been, which sadly means the change over to winter has begun...

Nicola said...

Baboushka is surely growing. I love green beans from the garden but in the UK we have to until July or August.

Manka said...

Your Matrioschka looks so pretty!! I love her :))

How lucky you are , if I go out I find only COLD COLD ...it's very cold here during these days.