Sunday, February 19, 2012

A new bird~~~~

Today is starting out very cloudy... but still very nice. I do enjoy these days. It is the kind of day to sip tea or maybe a glass of wine...later that is... and stitch. I started to read Andy Rooney's My War.... that is a possibility for later. Last night we picked 5 tomatoes...remember they are small ones and made a nice salad adding cucumbers and fresh string beans from my plant. A little balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Yum.
A time back I bought two...With Thy Needle & Thread patterns. One of them is Berries & Blooms. I decided to make the Sewing Spool Bird pinkeep....
Instead of calico I used brown felt...I found just the beads I was looking for to give him eyes in one of my bead jars.
I added a feather stitch with soft peach beads for the wings...
made a few counting pins and there it is!.
I just loveBrenda's designs. I plan on making the Stitchers Purse...hopefully sooner than later. I have everything but the purse handles.
I will be working on my Easter/Spring project so there will be no pictures until Jo gives the word...
The sun is just popping out...so maybe I will sit outside with my tea and listen to the Goldfinches at the thistle feeder. I hope you have a wonderful day. I enjoy your visits with me....and the kind words you send my way. 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your little birdie! The feather stitching is so pretty on his wing!

cucki said...

aww such a sweet bird..
big hugs cucki xx

Cardygirl said...

Just lovely Gracie!

Ranae said...

What a tweet finish :)
I love it!

Nicola said...

I love your birds and the details you put into them.