Saturday, February 25, 2012

Aloha

Aloha.....yes, I am learning Hawaiian Quilting. Dianna Lyn...my friend and co-worker loves everything Hawaiian and does quilting. She gave me a piece already cut and basted and showed me how to needle turn.
Now...don't look too close, because it is not perfect.... yet.
It will take some time to learn how to keep it all neat and not too tight. I love doing hand sewing so this is going to be fun. Dianna will also teach me the echo had quilting that will need to be done. I plan to tea dye it and then make a small table topper. Diana and hubby enjoy vacations in Hawaii and she takes lessons when she is there. On her bed is a glorious hand stitched quilt she purchased there.
It is a wonderful sunny day... well, it is everyday..... and I have the day off. I have emptied my craft closet out and will be going to Home Depot later to get a couple of shelving units and then put it all back together. Nothing fancy as they are in a closet already and the door is always closed. Function is what I am after.
thanks for visiting with me today. Have a wonderful weekend.....

NOTES...Give aways....Willow Tree Pond and Victorian Motto Sampler .... be sure to check them out.

8 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwww it is really looking so lovely..
happy sewing xx

Teresa said...

That going to be pretty. Can't wait to see more.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Nancy said...

Never heard of Hawaiian Quilting, looks so pretty! Can't wait to see more!

Lelia said...

The Hawaian quilting looks awesome. I don't think I could ever tackle it!! I'll stitck to needlework and tatting.

I ran out of 'storage' space on google. Had to purchase more (about $5.00/yar). will post pictures tomorrow. Says it takes 24 hours for storage to activate - or some such thing.

argh!

Joy said...

I've always loved this type of quilting. Yea, for you for even trying it!

Whytefeather said...

Oh that is looking lovely... I love the design! Hawaiian quilting... I guess I never thought about it but oh my I bet you are going to make some gorgeous things!
I'm in the same boat with the shelves... need to find some solid functional ones for my spare room closet too!

Manka said...

Wow, Hawaiian quilting!It looks great. You are so clever with your hands!I love the color choice !

Stitching Noni said...

Hawaiian quilting is just amazing! I adore hawaiian quilts - they are so beautiful and I have drooled over pictures on them on the net... but I am so not brave enough to start one. I will follow your journey with your gorgeous new quilt with envy! :o)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com.au/