Sunday, August 14, 2011

A special hummer....

Don't you just love lazy Sunday mornings? The house is no longer quiet...Mr H is up and watching the repeat NFL games...sometimes as if he never saw them before! And Zoe is whining...is it for food...most likely...or to go out...no, it's for food. She has been doing well since the mini stroke episode.

I have been stitching on my Designer Exchange piece and soon to be finished....you will have to wait to see it. So instead of stitching I thought I would share one of my hummingbirds. I have several around the house...in and outside....
Isn't this lovely. My son Eric and DIL Andrea sent it to me for a birthday gift a few ago. It hangs where I see it everyday....a nice reminder.
This is the left wing. What is ironic is that back in RI at our local city park, there is a gazebo much like this one that I always loved to visit.
If you recognized this as a Thomas Kincade you were right.
      "Perhaps in a garden we are closer to our creator. We certainly are closer to His creation. My prayer is that this painted garden will be a meeting place for many that would speak to their God in the silence of morning."
— Thomas Kinkade                              
Just wanted to share this today.....
I am always happy to have you visit and love the kind words.....have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful hummingbird. I love the Kincaid painting on it. What a lovely place to be. :)

I love you BBD finish in the previous post. Just gorgeous.

Patty C. said...

I think that is the prettiest hummer I have ever seen ;) Lovely gift !!

Bec said...

Gosh, that is a very pretty hummingbird! What beautiful detail in the wings :)