Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ready to finish

The morning started with thunder and finally rain. Unfortunately the rain did not last very long. It was quite humid for a short time as it is when we are in the Monsoon. At the moment, it is partly cloudy...but still very warm.
I finished the stitching on BBD Summer Iris....
I think I will use the same backing fabric I chose for my Summer Exchange to Elisa.

When I go in to work today maybe I will check again to see if something else catches my eye. I guess I really have not made my mind up yet!

We are football fans...specifically the NE Patriots. The season has started and although these are pre-season games, it was a nice win Friday. How did your team do....are you a football fan. Some wives/mates are not into the sport, but it is one thing we share. Before moving away from RI, Mr H and our son Eric would watch the games together. Both yelling or cheering....my DIL Andrea and I would stitch. I miss those times......

Well, I need to have breakfast.....so I wish you a wonderful weekend. So very happy you stopped by.




5 comments:

Wagapapa said...

The backing fabric you chose is perfect for that stitching.
We are soccer fans and our teams are doing the pre-season so-so hope they improve when the season start.
Have a good weekend you too!

Noemi http://wagapapacreations.blogspot.com/

Gabi said...

Gorgeous finish. Blind as I am at times I thought yesterday that it was finished already. But I was so in love with your letter G that I didn't see the border wasn't finish. So typical.
Anyway...congrats again.
Your backing fabric is really a beauty and I think it would make the perfect finishing touch to use it as backing fabric.

Jennifer M. said...

Such a pretty design and the backing fabric is perfect. I love pretty blues. Unfortunately I'm not much of a football fan. My boyfriend on the other hand is a fanatic because he played in high school and college. We are from Miami so naturally he is a Dolphins fan. Always will be no matter how poorly they play, ;)

Enjoy your weekend.
Jen

KarenV said...

Pretty finish - that backing fabric is a lovely colour :)

Sally said...

What a beautiful finish Gracie. That backing fabric is perfect.