Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's wenz'da

I seemed to have lost this week...
On Monday 2 packages arrived for me.......
My sis Lyn sent me one of my favorites .... Pepper Biscuits. I cannot get them here in Arizona......
I could just devour both packages, but I limit myself.......it takes a lot of force restraint. Also included is some tea from Rwanda and Kenya. A friend of ours recently travelled there and brought some back. I have not tried it yet.

I also found this in my delivery....

I had won a giveaway from Bronny and it is this lovely scissor fob......do you see the kangaroo? Thank you Bronny.

I have worked on my BBD Summer Iris.....

I wanted a break from the 2 exchange pieces. Speaking of that.....I received my Designer Exchange partners name. So now the piece I m working on has a personal attachment to it. Soon I hope to receive my first Secret Pen Pal letter...I have already written and sent mine out. Then hopefully I will learn who my Fall Exchange partner is. As you can see, I am keeping my hands and mind busy.

The Post Card list is still open until tonight. So-----if you want to be on the list---send me your info in an email today! You do not have to have a blog to join in.

Yesterday we went to the doctor's...again....Mr H will need another CT scan and more lab work for me. We have declared that getting older  is not so much fun right now. But as always, we are there for one another which makes it tolerable....most of the time.
I am so glad you took the time to visit with me. Hope your day is great.

6 comments:

KarenV said...

Lovely progress on Summer Iris, I love that shade of blue for the pot.

Sorry about the doctor's visits hope all goes well.

Tricia said...

Beautiful packages and stitching. You stay so busy! I hope your doctor visits go well!

Mouse said...

lovely parcels and stitching too .. and hope all goes well for you at the dr's as well ... take care :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

Beautiful stitching and great packages, love that scissor fob!

Someone once told me "Getting old ain't for sissys" and I have to say it seems they are right. Hope the doctor visits go smoothly.

natalyK said...

It's always nice to receive goodies in the mail. I love the progress pic of BBD design. The colors are wonderful.
Happy Stitching!

Gabi said...

Nice goodies. Love your stitching.
Summer Iris is so gorgeous. It looks awesome. Hope your doctor results will turn out well.
Oh...and if you find partsvof that missing week back, could you mail some to me? Mine evaporated.