Friday, August 12, 2011

I have been trying to post since 9 am. I just got so caught up in a PBS airing of Appalachia this morning. It was 3 programs, one after another and I could not turn away. Everyone should watch this series....it certainly will give you a different outlook on things. At least it has for me.
I did get mega stitching finished on Summer Iris ....
left now is the border and the date. I stitched my own version of a letter G....

I looked at several alphabets, but in the end this is what I did.
Yesterday brought my first Postcard from the exchange....I will be mailing out mine today.....When we drove across from Rhode Island to Arizona, I would pick up postcards daily from where ever we stopped and mail them to my family and friends....I wish I had kept some for myself. I should make a list of places and then post to see if anyone will send me one. I also bought a thimble for my collection. The only one I did not get is one from Illinois. The truck stop did not have any! I usually picked one up in a truck stop souvenir shop...just plan nothing fancy or expensive....sometimes the motel had them too. I know I will not do a return road trip...once was more than enough...so .....
Well, glad you wee able to spend some time with me...have a real good day.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Summer Iris is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, first postcard already!
I'm planning to buy mine this weekend and post at the start of next week.

Love the colours on this one.

Patty C. said...

It's looking beautiful Gracie !!

Carol said...

Oh, you're almost finished--it's looking so pretty, Gracie!

Cindy said...

How pretty it is and I love the G..don't know if you went through nebraska or iowa, but i would be glad to help out :D....have a great day!

Gabi said...

Beautiful finish Gracie. I love your G. Where did you find it?

Brigitte said...

Very beautiful stitching. But then, BBD is always beautiful, isn't it?

Mouse said...

oooo it is gorgeous .. another on the to do list ..lol :) love mouse xxxxx

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

I got the addresses, and am ready to post, I'm on a few days holiday next week so I'm going to buy my postcards then, so they may be a little later than everyone else, but they will be more interesting :)

I love your alphabet choice, the 'G' looks perfect.

Hope you're having a great weekend, Hannah xx

Bec said...

Beautiful stitching, Gracie. The design is just lovely. :)