Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy morning....

Laundry done...check
Speak with landscapers.....check
Coffee....check
Stitch....of course....

Just love these colors.....this is Just Nan Humbug....Summer Wings
28ct Blue Dynasty Cashel linen as suggested and the suggested DMC threads


If you know the pattern or guessed....this is a butterfly wing. Ooooh, and my favorite shades of lavender.....
I will enjoy continued stitching on this one. I am still working on one of my exchange pieces.
INTERRUPTION here-----
Okay I am back. Miss Zoe need to rush out and do her thing. I think it will be another visit to her Ophthalmologist....once again she walked straight into the wall...
Where was I....
I picked up a "composition" book yesterday to start a journal cover...but can't remember whose blog had a wonderful tutorial...Do you know??? If so, please send me the link...please. One of my goals is to start a narrative book about myself and Mr H for Grand baby Devin. For us, it is hard to imagine that by the time he is old enough to understand and know us, we could be very changed from what we are now. After all, we are 65 and both having some health issues....and the distance we live apart....well being realistic....I saw this with my grandparents and my brother. He was born on Grandma's 70th birthday and she died 10 years later and Papa the year after. So, I though I would compile some thoughts and stories and such so he might know us some day. Don't get me wrong with this....my thoughts are not sad just being real. He will have a good mom and dad. Hey who knows....I could live forever!!!!!
Well, need to get some breakfast and another cup of coffee....thank you for coming to visit...and check out the give away listed on my sidebar.....I hope one of you will remember the tutorial I am looking for....have a good day.



8 comments:

Mouse said...

lovely new start and those colours are gorgeous .... love the journal idea ... fab way to do it while you can still remember those important things (my memory is shocking and I'm younger)sorry can't help with the tutorial atm but will yell if I find it :) love mouse xxxxx

valerie said...

Good idea about the journal for Devin. I was a late in life baby and when I was born, I only had 2 living grandparents and only grew up to know one (only b/c she lived to 90!). I have fond memories of my abuelita but wonder about the grandparents I never knew.

The colors in your Just Nan piece are lovely!

Vonna said...

Your piece is so very lovely, the threads and the linen color are stunning with each other!

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching! Your journal idea is a great one! I was a late baby and only knew one of my grandparents and have often wondered what the others were like.

Cardygirl said...

Lovely stitching...the journal sounds great!

And This Little Pig said...

Love the journal idea, so practical, well only a little bit, cause really we will all live forever!

Your new stitching is so fresh, the colours are so soft.

I'm sure someone changed the position of the wall for Miss Zoe to have run into it.

LiBBiE in Oz

Cindy said...

love the notebook idea :D....was it this sight that you saw: http://ein-stueck-garten.blogspot.com/

Gabi said...

Great stitching.
And what a neat idea to start a journal.
Hope Miss Zoe is ok. It's sometimes amazing how well animals handle things. My dog became deaf, and she lives happy in her bubble.