Saturday, August 20, 2011

One Butterfly all a flutter

Last week a sweet older woman was buying several cuts of flannel. I asked what she was making and we then had a conversation about the baby quilts she was making. When she asked about my grandchildren, I told her about Devin arriving in November. She then told me she was going to make him a blanket. Of course I had no reason to think she would.People always say this or that......
I was at work just about one hour when I was called by the MOD that a package had been left for me by Peggy. Here it is.....
PINK COLORS
She did ask the sex...I did say a boy....but it is the thought that counts. Now I am sure that my son would not want his son to use this...so I will just keep it and remember the 80 something sweet lady who remembered.

Would you like another sneak peek at my other exchange piece....
This will be completed into a ~~~~and mailed out by October 1st to~~~~~..........just have to wait.

One Butterfly all a flutter ...
so pretty

That's about it for now.....
Hope your weekend is fun and full of stitches.....thank you for visiting with me.

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

What a dear lady. Sorry she got the colors wrong, but you're right, the fact that she cared so much is very special. Your butterfly is leading up to another gorgeous finish, I can tell, and the sneak peek tells me someone is going to be very happy when the postman comes! Have a lovely weekend, Gracie!

Teresa said...

What dear gift. You could lay it across him as he takes a nap someday at your house. I am sure he won't mind the colors. Can't wait to see your exchange piece revealed.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Silverlotus said...

How nice! Maybe there will be a granddaughter in your future who will use it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a lovely thing to do for your forthcoming grandchild. Shame your son is so set in the stereotypes, as Teresa said - baby won't know!
Babies do bring out the best in people, several friends of friends gave clothes and knitted items for both my boys.
The buttefly is looking good too.

Cindy said...

What a fun surprise to receive and so thoughtful.....and yes, do keep...you never know what the future holds with grandkids arriveing :D!

SoCal Debbie said...

I had the same thoughts as Teresa and Silverlotus. You could use the blanket when Devin comes to visit your house, or save it for a future granddaughter!