Sunday, July 3, 2011

Oh what a beautiful morning-------not!

What a morning I have had. It started yesterday...I had an issue with Internet Explorer and have no idea how I got to where I was. Surprised? Don't be...I really do not know why I was there! Anyway, then I could not upload pictures from my camera to my Kodak file. Why me is what I was mumbling rather loudly. Then I thought --- hey, I have 24/7 Geek Support so I called them. A nice person began to help and all seemed okay. Today I began to get ready to post here and wanted to get my photo ready for the Challenge update...that's right....just getting ready to put it into it's biscornu shape. Now I am off track....as you guessed, I could not retrieve  my picture.  Lots of very loud growling then I called the Geek Squad! I was connected and things were progressing until a glitch---my Agent was having computer problems. What???!!!! I thought I was the one with problems. He called me via telephone to tell me he needed help at his end...this from a Tech 5! Soon we were back in business. Photo problem ? resolved. I will need to upload via the USB cable not the memory card. Okay---now he was going to fix the IE problem and I was not to touch the computer until he released it back to me. So,after one hour, we are ? back to normal working conditions. Sometimes I really do take a few steps back before going forward.
I am still feeling down about not going to my DIL's baby shower back in RI---I really need to get over it. I think I will get my gifts for Baby Devin and sit and have my own shower before mailing them to her. Silly? can't help it. After all, this is my first grand baby and most likely the only one I will have. I just feel left out and sorry for myself. I will get over it~~~~
Well, I am sure you are really glad you stopped by to hear my problems! I am really happy you did....Mr H is not always much help in the listening to me department. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you. Stop by my other place to see the photo that shook my morning!

6 comments:

Mouse said...

ohhh I daren't tell you I can't get to your other place via your link :( so I can't see your photo .. sorry .... hope the day gets better love mouse xxxx

Denise said...

Can you skype into the party? It least then you could 'be' there. Ask the Geeks to set you up!

The song you have playing - just makes you dance in your chair and snap you fingers - it's hard to type bopping around and singing...

Good luck with the computer -- and thanks again! I love your gifty!

CalamityJr said...

You said a friend there was also going to send a gift. Why don't the two of you have a wrapping party - get together, ooh and aah over each other's gifts, you provide the pretty papers and ribbons, cake and punch, take pictures, then send your party pics with the gifts to RI? They'd also feel more like you were a part of it!

CalamityJr said...

P.S. You could also include a few more close friends or workmates. I know I wouldn't mind being included, even not knowing the mother, because I'd know you! (and they could always say no if the idea doesn't appeal to them) Here's to a great shower at Gracie's!

Cardygirl said...

I hate computer glitches...hope yours is sorted now. Sad to miss the shower but I am sure all the love and time you spend with your grandson will eclipse the shower!

Nancy said...

Sorry about the computer problems! As to the baby shower, all of the suggestions from others are good. I have one more suggestion for you, my friends gave me a 'Grandma's Shower'! It was so much fun! They gave me some cute little things for the baby and they all had 'Grandmother' advice for me learned from their experience being grandmas! And of course we had delicious treats! Hope that helps!