Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One bad mama...

Every so often I find.....yes, it is a Quail egg. It seems some of these female quail just drop them here and there. Remember the nest they stated in our planter? then never came back.? I have tried to find out why and one explanation is that they are first time/inexperienced parents! Uh....not good. Luckily, many do lay their eggs and then hatch them and are good parents. This is the first year in 3 that there is no nest in our planter.
I have been busy working on my exchange piece and it is looking nice. It will have to travel far so I am eager to complete it and get it in the mail. I have no picture to update on day 7 challenge piece....took a stitch break. I plan to rest today and try to loose this headache. I think the Monsoon Season is getting to me. I wish it would rain---maybe that would help. Well, it was so nice to chat with you today. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a nice day.
My previous post has some give aways to check out.....

3 comments:

Silverlotus said...

Poor little egg. :(

I just wanted to let you know that I've given you the Stylish Blogger award. You can pop over to my website to pick it up. http://lotuspond.silentblue.net/blog

Blu Stitcher said...

That's sad. But I know it nature.

blue star stitcher said...

I had this happen too this year, the quail even made a nest in a perfect spot, right under a cactus in my front yard, but abandoned it and their pretty speckled eggs.