Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hooray Humbug

If the moon gets stuck in a tree......
cover the hole in the sky with a strawberry.

Hooray the Humbug is finished.....
From the picture, it is hard to read that the letters are the word sunflower.....
It is a delightful pincushion. I can't wait to make a few more.
this was a freebie from http://mankaminta.blogspot.com/--stitched on 28ct stash linen
DMC: 3364  3822  3820  920  801 colors......

Thursday I received my chart for Happy Camper from Teresa.
She stitched it then offered it for a drawing. I think it so cute.....even though I would not---have not ever gone camping! No tents---not cots---I need a real bed and a flushing indoor toilet!!!!
Then to brighten my day yesterday.....

This RAK arrived from Blu Stitcher. Thank you Linda for all the fun things. As soon as I removed this sun whirly from the box, Mr H took out to hang....

and look at these sweet buttons...
teapot and tea cup!
Did I mention that Mr H and I love Almond candy.....and that was opened immediately! Linda is a  fellow Arizonan.
It is so nice to find a package in the mail when your spirits need a lift.
Today I got to sit out a little bit with my coffee.....until I could feel the heat. I will be off to work later today...then off until Thursday......good time to stitch. I do not have a picture to post of my challenge piece even though I did stitch on it. Tomorrow is another day.
It was so very nice to chat with you today...thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a great day.


9 comments:

Blu Stitcher said...

The pincushion is wonderful, and I am so happy you liked your RAK. I am so glad Mr. H liked the almonds.

lcp0528 said...

I finally made it to your blog! Everything looks so nice. The pin cushion came out pretty! I visited that blog, very interesting.

Chookyblue...... said...

love the humbug......very pretty........

Chookyblue...... said...

love the humbug......very pretty........

Cardygirl said...

Great pincushion...super cute. Lovely thoughtful gifts. Hope you have a good few days off.

Ellen said...

Lovely little humbug, love it!

Enjoy your beautiful gifts from Blu!

Hugs,

Chrizette said...

Oh wow, what a fun day!! I love the buttons too - just so cute:)

Carol said...

Your little humbug is darling, Grace, and your goodies from Theresa and Linda are wonderful. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

What an adorable little pin cushion!!