Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Did you have a good Monday...
















I know, it was Valentine's Day...but ever since we moved out here to Arizona, we have become quite nonchalant about the days of the week/month/year. Sometimes we have to ask one another what day it is or I have to look at the calendar to remember. Oh, I always know when it is Thursday or Friday and Saturday...I work those days. We really do not exchange gifts anymore...just don't. But cards, now that is a different thing. Mr H finds just the  right one, always does...


We took a ride yesterday afternoon...it was beautiful ...temps around 74. We headed out a bit to the north, but not far from home...and what did we see? You know those signs that have a picture for cattle crossing...well, they were not crossing, but free roaming on the side of the road. So I said .."stop the car"...yeah, just like in the movies. I grabbed the ever close to hand camera....
they actually posed..well, I think they did, but then to the right I saw movement, actually he scratched at the dry land...

He stared...then began to walk forward...time to jump back to the car.
Earlier in the day I received a package...I had won a drawing from Denise and I could not wait to open it.
This wonderful Lizzie 7 Kate pattern, the threads, the linen and the buttons.....
this collection From Sekas & Co, some with a cute button to attach...

And then, a gift card...and assortment of linen which will be great for ornies....
Well, I had a busy and fun filled day...hope you did and will today also.
If you follow me to my other place, I have an update....

4 comments:

Denise said...

You make cows look like fun!

And the things I sent look sooo much better when you take the photo!

Have a great time stitching!

Emily said...

Such wonderful goodies from Denise!! I can admit I'm jealous!! Have fun with all your new goodies!!!

Hope you had a great day!!

Patty C. said...

Congratulations on your gifts - Wonderful surprise I am sure - I am glad you enjoyed some time with your DH-
Enjoyed the visit ;)

Kathy Ellen said...

How lovely it sounds in Arizona. We still mountains of snow in Massachusetts. What wonderful gifts you received. Wish I could join you for a nice cup of tea and some stitching too:)