Monday, August 7, 2017

Waterfall

I was going through one of the garage cupboards... again ...and came across a calendar with beautiful roses...as I flipped the months I came across this......
Denny the artist tracking his haircut on the 4th and recycle on the 11th....it brought a smile to my mind this morning. Just another moment and memory to cherish.
Ta-Da...the waterfall is working
With much thanks to Don and Glenda for all the help. However, I think there is just one more spot to secure. Oh, maybe I am being paranoid...but I would rather take care of it now. So the water is not falling today to allow the area to dry out. This  feature was put in when the home was built so there is expected to be weak spots in the cement after all these years.
I have cleaned the area best as I can and will now think about the landscaping around the pond. The turtle planter is back and the wall pieces will remain. I need to take the frog in to repaint.....Denny did that every year. I will need to reposition the spot light also. Not sure what I will do about the Yucca plant which has gotten spindly. It has been there since the late 70s I was told. I may cut it back and hopefully let it regrow stronger. A few pots of annuals soon will add some color. I just need the weather to cool down before trying to work out there.
Yesterday this rag doll got a shampoo and laundered clothes....now back in the rocker. I will be off today to get a few supplies for a special teddy bear that I was asked to make and I am still looking for a foot stool for my chair. My list of ~~~To Do~~~Must Do has a new addition...my cell phone. Seems for everything I  can cross off, there is a new item added! The cell phone does not seem to keep it's charge as long as it once did. Just a simple AT&T phone that Denny got in 2012. Guess it is upgrade time. Since I do have a land line it is not an immediate need. Then again, I think it may also be time to look at new land line phones...just another item for the list. Well, I have had my coffee while we visited and some toast to start the day. Need to vacuum and Swiffer here and there before heading out later. I do appreciate the kind words and emails. Thank you for your friendship....let's have a good day.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Okay. I started laughing as soon as I saw your dear rag doll hanging upside down from the line. I am sorry. I cannot help it. I just instantly, thought "Now what is Alan going to think and say about this?!?" tee hee
P.S. This one is a cutie!!

Tiffstitch said...

Busy day and poor doll! ;) She'll feel better after a wash.

butterfly said...


Yes poor little dolly.
Made me smile seeing the notes from Denny , I still find little drawings and sayings from my Ali , in some funny places even today after all these years , I often wonter if it's their way of saying hello. Hugs.

Janice said...

Your waterfall area is gorgeous. Seems like it would be a nice place to sit by and listen to the water flow.
I love Dennis' little drawings. Kenny also does that. Haha
So happy that his fun side's still making you smile. So many memories will make you smile....
Thanks for your blogs that continue to make ME smile 😊

Anthea said...

There's never nothing to do at home, is there Gracie?! Lovely waterfall area, no doubt it will be trickling happily once the repairs are finished.
Lovely memories of Dennis with the calendar.
x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I also laughed at the poor old rag doll hung out to dry!
How lovely to find the little self-portrait of Mr H on the calendar too.

Julie said...

You dolly doesn't look too comfortable on the washing line, I hope she is now safely back sitting the right way up lol.
The fountain area looks very pleasant and inviting, I love the sound of running water when in the garden.

LindaLee said...

I always look forward to your new posts here. I enjoy all of them. You're always doing good things and prettying up around your house and all. Making beautiful things as well. Love your pond. I've often thought about putting in one, but there always seems to be something else that comes up. You have a wonderful week my dear friend. LindaLee

Leonore Winterer said...

I don't know, I think the rag doll kind of looks like she's enjoying herself, hanging from the line with that smile on her face!

koi seo said...

There's never nothing to do at home, is there Gracie?! Lovely waterfall area, no doubt it will be trickling happily once the repairs are finished.

ดูหนัง