Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Special bracelets

Dennis loved lighthouses and we often visited them while living in Rhode Island

.the fat one in the back is Old Saybook CT, a beautiful area, the red one is Southeast Block Island , The tall one is Boston Harbor MA. So of course when I received an email from Alex and Ani, my favorite bracelet company, I was happy to see a lighthouse.....

I knew I had to have it. Then I read the description...It is a charity charm with 20% of the dale going to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Denny's diagnosis as you know wad Lymphoma.  It is named Lighthouse. The card with it says:
"A lighthouse is a welcoming structure, a reassuring sign of steady ground ahead, and an optimistic symbol of hope for all looking to move forward safely. It is an emblem of strength located at the edge of unpredictable tides as it provides navigational guidance and bright light in a storm. Resilient and immovable, this shinning beacon encourages perseverance even in the darkest times."
When I got to the boutique and spotted the next one, it came home with me also...
Live A Happy Life! I simply fell apart. This is also a charity charm with 20% of sale going to Up Beat Cancer. On May 24th during one of our conversations, Denny said these exact words to me. The accompanying card says;
"The path to living a happy life is inherently paved with hopefulness, and the journey offers no shortcuts. Hope cannot be fabricated or counterfeited - - it is manifested in only those who first believe in its existence. You can find hope and you can give hope; we must always remember: as long as hope exists, the road to a happy life awaits."
I can not say more ....time to sit back and sip a cup of tea even I on this very hot 100 temp day. Time to wipe my tears.
Thank you for visiting and the kind words and most of all, your friendship. 💔

11 comments:

Janice said...

Oh Gracie how very special both of those bracelets are. Beautiful, true sentiments....I'm sure you will wear them proudly ☺

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, how very apt that the Lighthouse was a charity charm in aid of just the right society. I'm glad you found both and hope they give you a little comfort.

Brigitte said...

Finding these bracelets is a really special gift. How wonderful for you.

butterfly said...

Lovely gift for yourself , so special.

Vickie said...

Thank you Gracie. I am going through a very difficult time right now. Your words on hope really helped me. I appreciate it.

Tiffstitch said...

That is amazing and absolutely you need both. Wow... that is almost too on the nose for Denny to point these out to you. Clearly his hand is in here and still watching over you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is Serendipity, you were meant to have those two charms right now. How nice to be able to help the charities too.

Sok Sareth said...

The content of your blog is exactly what I needed, I like your blog, I sincerely hope that your blog a rapid increase in traffic density, which help promote your blog and we hope that your blog is being updated.

ตารางคะแนน

Leonore Winterer said...

Sounds like those bracelets were meant just for you.

koi seo said...

Thank you Gracie. I am going through a very difficult time right now. Your words on hope really helped me. I appreciate it.

ดูหนัง

Julie said...

Such perfection and so apt for you x