Thursday, August 3, 2017

Meet Tilly

Once again the day is starting very overcast and still humid. Had a busy day yesterday...Don came by and hooked up the pond for the waterfall and it works. Now do not, I repeat....do not get excited. We thought there might be a leak problem and of course there is. The good news is that we know how to fix it. So for now it is now working. I met up with Dianna and Bobby for pizza last evening. A new place that opened very close by. Good pizza but more than that good friends to chat with, We even sat outside to eat. I know it will be my new pizza place.
Introducing Tilly! Isn't she a pip! This is a collaboration between me and Dianna. One of the days that Dianna was visiting we talked about tilly. At that point all she was wearing was bloomers. That is right and this is how she had been for 2 years. Once made I just could not decide on anything. I bought the pattern but I knew there would be changes. First ...
let's start with her body shape...it is square. Then she has long skinny arms and legs. and you saw her big round head. This is exactly as the pattern is. But I love her. Dianna thought she needed to be special and offered to dress her. So she has lived with Dianna for a few3 weeks now. A good place as Tilly was with someone who makes beautiful doll clothes. I said just do what you want. Dianna wanted to feature Tilly's odd body and she did just that. Once home with me I decided to add a few touches....the knot in the center to break up the flowers.
We talked about bows for her hair and applique for her face. So, at midnight I was still awake and took tilly in hand...voila! Face and ears and a butterfly tattoo. The bows were fun...
Adding to the bows on her shoulder, using them for the hair is perfect. Keeping them spaced is the only hairdo that is right for her. She is a fun gal to look at. With so many traditional dolls in my collection this makes me laugh not just smile. I love creating. I was asked to make a memory bear for someone and receive payment too. Who knows, a new sideline for me. Thank you Dianna for the great clothing and for sharing your creative ideas.....

I am having a lazy day today...fell asleep around 3 and woke up at 6...so off kilter.  I am tempted to get the cement for the pond but probably should wait for Don. I really am eager to finish it now....so close to a working waterfall!
Right no however, I best get a cup of coffee and a bowl of cheerios with banana slices. It is so nice to introduce you to Tilly and have you spend time with me. Thank you for the kind words and most of all for your wonderful friendship. Let's have a good day.

13 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Whats next on your list of interesting things to do. I love Tilly. Oh, Denny must be laughing right now at your silly doll. But she is sweet. Have a great day. I love pizza having that for supper tonight, but I make mine. bye hugs

Joanie said...

I LOVE Tilly!! She's a cutie-patootie! Glad you are getting out with friends too.

Have a blessed day, Gracie!

Tiffstitch said...

Fun job on Tilly and very good news on the commission. If it's something you enjoy I might have another one for you!

Janice said...

Hello Tilly nice to meet you ~ love your hair!
Getting ecited to see your new waterfall. Should be easier to maintain rather than your live fish too. Great projects....

Alan said...

This one is a little spooky looking

Vickie said...

Okay Gracie, I love you, I do, but I am going to have to say I am with Alan on this one. ;)

LeShawn said...

Oh Tilly is beautiful. I love her uniqueness. And the butterfly tattoo. Love this post. You should make some money off your hard work. Your bears are lovely creations made with love. Stay hydrated in the heat. Have a great day.

Cindy said...

Tilly is lovely. I love that you celebrate her specialness.

Brigitte said...

You are right, good friends to chat with and to share with are one of the most important things.
Little Milly is so sweet with the lovely bows for her hair.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderfully quirky doll!
It's nice to be able to spend time with friends too, especially ones who fix your fountain!

Sok Sareth said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!

ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก

Julie said...

Hello Tilly, I hope you will be a good friend to our Gracie. xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Tilly is awesome! I love her look, and having her created together with a dear friend will make her forever special to you.