Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A new Teddy Bear

Another morning starting out with heavy cloud cover...and although I know how important it is that we have rain here in the desert, right now I do not want rain...I am trying to get the pond working and the rains have put me two steps back fro every step forward. Today I will go to get the supplies to get the waterfall in the pond ready before any more rain. Next week rain may be okay...
Yesterday Home Depot came out to quote me a price to replace the rain gutters in the back and add them to the front. More than I anticipated, but then less than another quote. I have to make a decision soon. I was surprise to learn that they will only do the job if it is over $750.00. Something to think on this week. In the meantime
this teddy moved into my bedroom. This is for me to keep. It is made from 3 different Denny jeans and a some special embellishments. It is a medium size; sitting at about 15" and 20" standing.
First his heart...made from red velvet and tattered and broken. His right hand has the Levi tag which were Denny's favorite jeans--505 to be exact. Then his left hand...it was the hand that I held when we walked so it has hearts for our love. The back pocket will hold a special note and a trinket or two. A black velvet nose just because and the simple embroidery on the arms and legs. Denny loved when I made teddies for gifts.  The last one was for my great niece Natalia back in 2014 when she was born.  There is always something special about a teddy!
I have a special gift to make so I may make an attempt later or then again tomorrow. This morning is research a few garden plant that we have to find out how to care for them. This was my Denny's domain and I never paid too much attention, I just enjoyed. This bush is doing well....
It is Firecracker and currently is about 6 feet high. So nice to have this summer bloomer. Bright red/orange and full of them. It is actually considered a shrub but we always trimmed the base to train it to grow more like a small tree allowing space to plant below it. The hummer loves it. This year the heat and humidity is taking a toll on the garden. I am really looking forward to some cooler temps.
I was asked the other day about the size of the pictures....if you click on any picture it will open in a preview of the pictures and then clicking on them will enlarge them.  I just usually add them in the smaller format for space purposes. Well my friends it is time to do some vacuuming and maybe a laundry and of course dusting. Always a pleasure to have you visit. Thank you for the kind words and of course thank you for your friendship. Let's have a good day.

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Your new teddy bear is sweet, I enjoyed hearing the stories behind his embellishments!

Tiffstitch said...

Your new teddy is wonderful and a great cathartic project too. I hope the weather doesn't keep you from getting all your tasks done and take care of you too.

Julie said...

You have a lovely way with words Grace, its lovely to come and read your daily blog entry and 'listen' to you chatting through the screen. This latest bear is so cute, the embellishments and why you did them is so sweet and tender. I hope you get the pond sorted.
xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The teddy bear is wonderful, so much love and thought has gone into making him. I am sure he will be a good companion.
The garden is certainly keeping you busy!

Vickie said...

What a precious, precious teddy.♥

Janice said...

I can't even out into words how beautiful that teddy bear is! Awesome job....you could seriously sell these for others who have experienced loss if you so chose. What a treasure Gracie 💖

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I agree with what Julie said Grace, it's a pleasure to stop by each day to catch up with you.

Sok Sareth said...

Awesome blog, i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!
Thank for your very good article...!

ตารางคะแนน

Brigitte said...

So lovely, this teddy with so many memories of Denny sewed in and attached to him.
The firecrackers look gorgeous, Gracie.

butterfly said...


Love your teddy such wonderful memories that will be with you the rest of your life and knowing Denny will be at your side with you , blessing my sweet friend.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely teddy full of memories and lovely sentiments :)