Monday, May 29, 2017

All most back to normal

Although things will never be as they once were we are moving forward. Thank you seems so insignificant to how we feel. You have all embraced our problem and send so much love.  Sending Denny cards to cheer him as also cheered me. Bloggers are wonderful. Some time ago I purchased this from The Heard Museum in Phoenix
 It is a Native American Worry Basket. It is hung outside or just inside as is mine of your entrance and you leave your worries in the basket upon entering the home in the basket and hopefully forget them when leaving. It is never good to bring negativity into the home. Of course mine is symbolic, we do not write them down on slips of paper , but everyday I jingle the hanging bells as if leaving my thoughts and concerns. More so now. I am feeling a little better about all the meds and oh that needle! Even that is okay now. While we were busy starting a new life....
Some fine feathered neighbor decided to help themselves to construction supplies! The nerve of some people! birds! The Doves are settled in their new nest in the wall basket in the backyard and Mr H just nodded when I told him. If you cannot beat them let them be. We can watch them from the kitchen window. I will sneak a picture soon. I did manage to do some stitching last week...not as much as you would think sitting there all day, but
Patient and Faith are the latest. How ironic that the first words apply to Denny and me at this time. This project has taken on a new meaning for me and I will continue to find time to make a few x's each day. The next word is Compassionate.  A few weeks ago I found this nice journal...
It has been sitting on a shelf I in the craft closet. My original thought  was to use it to write the many quotes and saying that I collect. Now, I think I will use it to journal this new experience and turn in our lives. I will still share here as so many have asked me to continue...thank you.... but this will be for maybe a few private thoughts. The clock is reading almost 9:30 "AM and that means that I, Nurse thegraz  ( the name Denny has called my for 47 years) will be on duty for meds. So, with that I will say again, thank you for the caring and kind words and for your friendship. Have a great day.

11 comments:

Janice said...

I love how there's a little bit of everything in your blogs. Your new nursing skills have kicked in and seems you have a happy patient. Nice job. Hugs to you both and hope to see a pic of those feathered friends soon.♡

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Do you have a little nurse's cap and apron for when you are administering to the patient?
I really do believe the timing of the final affirmations was meant to be. They are the perfect small project with a great depth of meaning right now.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like the idea of the worry basket - there have been so many times this year that I could have used it too!
Take care and be good to yourself as well as to hubby.

Vickie said...

I keep scrolling back to look at your wonderful affirmation words.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Big hugs for you both.LOVE

averyclaire.org said...

Native Amerian spirituality and lore is filled with wonderful things. I like your basket. Glad you are settled in at home now. And your private journal is a good idea. I have had one for MANY years. Prayers will continue. Hugs and much love!

cucki said...

Beautiful..love and hugs for you both x

butterfly said...


Love to you both , and lots of hugs.

Leonore Winterer said...

HI Gracie - I've been behind with reading blogs for a bit, so I read all of your and Dennis' story within the last two or three days, holding my thumbs for him to come home soon all the time. I'm glad he's made it home now - I know from my grandpa's hospital visits how much better people can feel just by being home again, and I'm sure with you at his side, Dennis is having the best care possible. My thoughts are with you, and I admire you for keeping your spirits high - hugs and love!

Julie said...

I like the idea of your worry basket, that is so lovely. I hope each day your worries become easier to bear. xx

blue star stitcher said...

I'm so glad to hear you are home. It is so much nicer to be in your own space, sleeping in your own bed, and able to set some of your own schedule.I hope Mr. H is doing well, you are both still in my thoughts and prayers. I like the idea of the worry basket, I know I make some things so much worse by going over and over them again in my head.