Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Grace's Post

Negativity breeds negativity, with that said all of us carry some. It is good to think about those around you before your negativity peeks it's ugly presence. Symbolism, by hanging a basket is a fantastic way to think of your own and maybe leaving it behind when you leave, well said Grace. I for one will write mine down on a piece of paper and deposit it into the basket when I again return to Arizona. With luck I'll leave one or two in the basket when I return to RI. Self introspect is something many of us are doing after hearing Dennis's news. It's crazy to say but sharing this situation will no doubt help many who read this blog, and to those friends of ours that we share this with. I don't feel much like a cowboy today, probably because I am looking out my office window on a dreary Boston day, confined in a suit, but all I have to think of are the many times being with Dennis and having fun, it brightens the day

9 comments:

averyclaire.org said...

I agree with your post on negativity. Try as we might to leave it behind, some days it over powers us and takes over. Some days we can leave it in our basket and remain free. I pray for all cheery sunny days for you both and for all who might be having negative thoughts today!

Vickie said...

Well said Alan. Nice hearing from you. That is a great picture of you and Dennis.

gracie said...

Dear Friends,
This little brother is my Big Brother, The Brother Alan is very dear to my Denny and to me. You will from time to time see his posts as he is my co-author here now. Waiting for your return so that we may cheer our Dennis. Dennis was admitted last night top the Cardia Unit after spending 8 hours in the ER. I will update later. Thank you dear brother for taking the time from your very busy work day.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Great photo of the two of you guys brother Alan. Gracie I am sending you big hugs. love

butterfly said...


Negative is always there gracie , we can't help it if it comes in our minds .
I had a few years of feeling low , but I try and stay possitive now you just feel better and so do your loved ones , lots of hugs.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great to see that you got the authorship sorted. It will be nice to hear direct from Brother Alan, especially when he talks so much sense.

KimM said...

Dearest Grace, my heart is saddened to read the post. I hope the day has brightened for you and Mr. H. Sending love,
Kim

Shelly said...

I like the symbolism of the basket and leaving negative thoughts in it. From here on out, I will leave negativity in the 'basket' in my mind. Nice to have you here, Brother Alan. Gracie, it's distressing to hear of Mr. H's time in ER and the Cardiac Unit. Sending thoughts of strength to you down the Interstate.

Julie said...

A lovely picture and superb words Alan, thank you. Times in others lives do make us reflect on things in our own world, sometimes it's the jolt we need to realise that things are not so bad as we were anticipating.
Saddened to read that you are back at the hospital after a short respite at home.
{{hugest of hugs}} xx