Monday, January 16, 2017

Alice is in the house

Today I put the shoes on Alice
Did you notice her hair ribbon is not stitched? Well, that is because it will be dimensional and I do not want it to get mangled once I start to move the Q-snaps up. Her stockings do not show up as well as they do in person with this picture. Glad to have her finally finished so I can get to the motif section. I have been tatting--------
these are Baby Lucky Pennies. The blue one will be mailed out to a special little boy...more on that later. I just bought a heart shaped pattern to try hopefully later today. I know...I just said I would be cross stitching on Alice and now I tell you I will be tatting. The truth is I go from one project to another in the course of the day. I enjoy working that way. Especially on a day like today. Our weather has been "off" with cloudy days, rain/drizzle on and off and cooler temps. Not complaining about the weather, just it is what it is. Variety makes my day pleasant. My list for today is laundry, well that can be crossed off, make pudding, wash my hair, organize my craft table, make bread dough mix around 1PM and then there is the line------ do something else. Not sure why I wrote that!?! Oh well, I make these lists daily and there is even the start of one for tomorrow. If you thinking, how organizes she is, think again, I only hope to get some of the items crossed off. I must say thank you for all the kind words for my Mermaid and her Jewels piece. This is the description taken from the page of San Francisco Needlework and Design
“Stitch at Home Challenge” as a way to encourage and inspire people to stitch. This is not a competition but a challenge. For each challenge we will provide you with an inspiration and you may use any needlework technique or combination of techniques in order to make a piece of textile art. We will offer a new Challenge and Inspiration quarterly. I will let you know when they post the pictures. I have given permission for them to post mine. It was fun and I hope to enter the next challenge as well. No then, I guess I should make a cup of coffee and have breakfast so I will have some ambition to work off my list, or not. It is much nicer to stitch or tat on this cloudy morning. Thank you for visiting and for your kind words and most of all for your friendship. 

8 comments:

butterfly said...

I love Alice it takes me back to when my younger daughter , played the part of Alice in a play in the little village we use to live .
She was a sweet heart , thank you for the happy memorys .
I am like you gracie I like to work on many crafts in a day .
Have a fun and happy day.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I love Alice, what a great idea to add a dimension to her.
Loved seeing what you did to the Mermaid, so sweet.
I can only work on one stitching project at a time, however I do have felt and beading projects going at the same time.
We are expecting an ice storm I am hoping it does not happen.

Blessings
Catherine

Bea said...

Alice is looking good and your tatting is beautiful. I think it's great to have projects you can alternate - stops you from getting bored or frustrated with one.

Christine said...

Alice is beautiful and the tatting is gotgeous

Julie said...

Alice looks superb. The tatted gifts will be such a special present.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Alice is looking good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the Alice Quaker, it's such a clever design and I'm looking forward to seeing you go Underground!

Tiffstitch said...

Alice looks wonderful and the lucky pennies are so cute!