Saturday, January 21, 2017

Angry sky~~~~angry chimes

We have several chimes  hanging outside, both in the front yard and the back. I love the sounds, each so different. Heck we even have them inside that we can tap as we pass. Today however.....

this angry sunrise sky and the winds are causing angry chime sounds. They are slamming and banging. Although the sound is not soft and gentle it is not totally unpleasant. Yesterday was a day of rain all day. Today does not look like a Valley of the Sun day for sure. Even as the light of day is now here, it is cloudy and drab. However, my sewing room from yesterday as well as this morning has been lovely.
Alice has a motif to stand on, almost. I am missing the thread and still have not gone out for it. Did I mention that I do not like driving in the rain? I know it may be a little difficult to see her legs. I am stitching n white linen and her stockings are white but I plan to add a light grey outline to define them. I also have started another project...I know, but if you really know me you also know how I must be here and there and everywhere. This is something that I saw on Donna Add to dictionary' blog, By The Bay. It is her Words of Affirmation banner. I love the idea so I started it and will stitch one a month. they are the words she chose but they are great words to think about and stitch. The first is
Love....a wonderful word for thought. I stitched it in DMC 155 and on a piece of beet stained 28 count. Love the color it is. Of course lavender is my favorite color so there. Now to embellish it and then to attach it to the banner. Oh, right, I did not make the banner yet. Well, plenty of time for that. I like the way Donna made hers so I hope to do it the same. I think she is a wonderful designer. Oh, as I am typing and I look over my right shoulder what do I see? The sun but with so many grey clouds, it still will not be a sunny bright day! I will pleased if it does not rain so I can go out (sound like a wimp) and get Alice's thread and few other things. In the meantime, I will return to the sewing table and trim up Love and get more motif stitching done. Glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Have a great day....I plan to!   💟

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Love is beautiful Gracie. I think the banner will be fun to create. Have a great day. Imagine how much worse it would be to drive in the snow! ;) Remember that?!

Shelly said...

Love that beet dyed fabric, such a pretty color. I'm sure it's been raining there as I type. We have about 3 inches of snow right now and forecasted for more. It's been a weird couple weeks here in Arizona for sure, weather wise. I'll be watching your updates on Alice, a need to buy chart for me, so quirky!

butterfly said...


What a wonderful word to start with , love the colour of your fabric.
Still dark here so had to put the lights on.

Bea said...

The beet dyed fabric is lovely and Love is the best word possible to start with. Hope you get your good weather back.

diamondc said...

Gracie: The clouds do look angry wow.
I hope you are able to get that thread, I do not like driving in heavy rain myself.
I love that beet colored fabric so pretty.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Perfect first word for your new banner

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work!