Friday, January 20, 2017

Moving on

Well, things seem to be okay. I think I know where I have been and now I think I am found. Such loving thoughts from you my friends...how can I be lost if Butterfly found me! Thank you June! Then such lovely words from Carolyn (no Blog) who visits and tells me she enjoys my blog! It seems that once in awhile days are just blah. Maybe it was the weather? It has been a very on/off cloudy rainy week something we do not get much of here in The Valley of the Sun. I really think part of my woe is me is my upcoming birthday...I have never cared about the number attached to my special day but this one is my unpopular one. Just saying 71 gives me a headache. I don't know what it is suppose to feel like. I do not feel any different but somehow it is the number.....Last year if you remember, The Brother Alan came to celebrate my special day (and it was very special). I know it will pass....unfortunately there are still 13 days to it. I have stitched a bit on Alice but realized a thread that I need I do not have. How does this happen when I thought I carefully collected all of them. So....off to Jo Anns today so I can complete the motif. How about an update on mom, EvaP.  She is back home to her apartment and so far is doing okay. Now all she has to do is eat properly and drink to stay hydrated. Sounds simple enough....not! Our appointment with the spine surgeon went well. His first words to Mr H were as he pulled up the x-rays, "the piece I put in is healing just fine. Your back is a mess". Mr H is accepting this without any further surgery and also that we will be getting a handicap parking tag for the car. Hard to get older sometimes and to accept what we can not change. I have been stitching on Alice this morning while watching The Lone Ranger. Did you watch him as a child? I remember well....a good guy. Love the oldies....and in music too. I enjoy stitching with music playing. I think today might be a U2 music day. I see that my follower list is back...could be that I sent an email to blogger?
I guess I should keep you informed of the Faeries that are around me...
this sweetie hangs around my sewing room...pretty to look at. She measures about 12 inches. One of 4 who live in the sewing room. Well, I need to check the dryer and feed myself. So good to have you visit. Thank you for the kind words and of course for your friendship. Have a great day.

9 comments:

butterfly said...


Good I told you I had found you , so now we will soon be moving forward to Spring and things will feel much better , forget your age now , once I hit 70 this June I am going to forget it and wake up everyday and smile and say wow another day to do what I want .
Dull days do make a difference to us all and if you have some negative in there too, it brings us down we all have these day.
Love your sweet faeries so pretty.
Have a happy day hugs .

Vickie said...

I am glad you mom is back in her apartment! I hope Dennis continues on well and does not get discouraged. Yes, I watched the Lone Ranger. I had a Lone Ranger sleeping bag. :D What a lovely fairy Gracie. ♥

Cindy's Stitching said...

look forward to your birthday. it really is just a number. the fairy is so pretty. Have a good weekend

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I feel the same way about birthdays these days Grace but i try very hard to put my husband's perspective into each one. When I complain about how old I am he tells me that he sees each birthday as a gift (he has faced cancer three times now) and that I should be grateful. I can honestly say that it doesn't change the way I feel about getting older - I still complain!

Bea said...

Love your little fairy - shades of purple are a favourite of mine.

Some parts of the year are just tougher than others for a whole variety of reasons. All you can do is go through each day, do your best and repeat tomorrow. You'll come out the other side just fine.

Brigitte said...

I can understand how you feel about your birthday but it's just a number. The important thing is that you are healthy.
Good to read that Mr H is healing so nicely. And that your mom is back to her apartment and feeling well there.

Julie said...

Wishing Mr H lots of pain free days to come. You don't look that age Gracie in your picture.
xx

Tiffstitch said...

Glad things are improving and hope Mr. H stays careful as the spring comes in the next month or so for you. That reminds me I need to go to Michaels or JoAnns tonight as well for 2 missing colours on my current project.

Chookyblue...... said...

stay positive.........and your birthday coming up with mixed feelings......every one is a blessing.......you are still here enjoying life.....happy birthday (early wishes I know)