Tuesday, January 24, 2017

This better not be a cold arriving

My toes are crossed----- my fingers are busy stitching---- that the way I am feeling is not the start of a cold. After yesterday morning, it would not surprise me. I went to the DMV to renew my drivers license. I know, all DMVs are really alike, arrive early to get your spot in line and then wait, wait, then finally it is your turn. Well, to beat the crowd I decided to go at 7:30 AM for the 8 o'clock opening. It was a good idea. I met 2 young men and we had a great  chat about football. They seemed surprised to my football knowledge and we passed the time nicely. Before opening the gal came out and took those of us who were there to renew our license in for the photo and then back out to wait. Did I mention I was #2 in line. There was a stone bench which is where I sat for the 20 minutes or so...did I mention it was a cold bench? 😒Anyway I was in and out in 15 minutes. The stone bench is the reason I am feeling lousy today, I know it is. I have already visited my medicine cabinet for cold meds. Let's just hope it is all the rain and dampness. Have I mentioned my butt was cold sitting on the bench? but it was better than standing. Anyway, I did spend time with Alice
I am loving the motifs. I now have my rose garden and I detect a stream of smoke? This is page 4-5 of the design. (Page 1-2-3 was the Alice part.)  The numbers run a bit different from other designs I have stitched, no matter though.  Today I hope to find embellishments in my closet for the Love Word ( it was in Saturday's post) and then get it ready for mounting. That, I also have to make, the banner. I hope to follow Donna Bayliss' idea as it really is nice. Yesterday the mail brought me this
It is from Donna's designs. I spotted it weeks ago...I had seen it before, but just wrote it down and of course it just got "filed" away on the desk. When I did find it I had to send for it. Although it is a Christmas type design, I love the angel and plan to stitch her and then maybe the ornaments also. One of these days I must send for her Feather Tree directions. I am really feeling like I need to curl up on the daybed in the sewing room...so off I go for at least a little while. I hope I have not sneezed too mush that you may have caught my "cold"...I did use the tissues! Thank you for your kind words and for your friendship...have a great day.

8 comments:

Anthea said...

HI Gracie... Oh i hope you're not getting sick! Lovely stitching there!
x

Vickie said...

Your stitching is looking beautiful Gracie. I am sorry you are not feeling well my friend. Take a nap. Or two! Rest can really help.♥

Shelly said...

Could be you did get a chill from setting on that stone bench and maybe one of the men had a cold. Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything. Alice looks great. Could the wisp of smoke or steam be from a tea cup symbolizing the tea party? Looks fun though. I second the nap!

butterfly said...


Hope you don't go down with a cold gracie have plenty of mixed fruit juice , we both have a glass each each night and so far have not had any colds or flu.
Love your new chart , and your stitching looks beautiful.

geeky Heather said...

Stone benches should be illegal!! I hope you can fight off the cold. Lovely stitching as usual...I always love to see what you are working on!

Bea said...

I hope you are not getting a cold, the ones we have here this winter seem to last forever.

Alice is looking great, really great progress.

diamondc said...

Gracie: That Angel is a beauty, I need to make a visit to Donnas blog.
Love the progress you have made on Alice.
I hope your butt is warm now, I saw on the weather channel they a part of Arizona that does not normally get snow did oh my.
I hope your sniffles are just that sniffles.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Sending a {feel better hug}, hope you are soon much better.
Nice progress on the stitching.