Thursday, January 12, 2017

So Excited

I just submitted my entry form and photo to The San Francisco School of Needlework!
Mermaid and Her Jewels
Back in September the school opened their Home Challenge, Jewels of the Sea,  and they would select people to receive a package of Swarovski crystals to use .... every one of the crystals sent had to be used. You could also add any other items to complete the piece. I thought and thought and over thought until finally today I sat at my table and voila! finished. The deadline to send or email entry is January 18th...so I was cutting it close. I used a piece of batik for the back round.
Her tail fin is a piece of tatting and sheer ribbon for the seaweed. She is a "paper doll" appliqued on with sheer ribbon for the body and the 2 heart shaped crystals. I used tatting for her waist band.
I had some clam shells so I used them to hold some jewels and some pearls from my beading cupboard.  I thought about a sea chest, but this appealed to me more.
Now I know these creatures do not really look like the real thing, but this is my octopus... and the other creatures are my turtles... remember I worked with what they sent.
I am very pleased with the finished piece.  I just could not wait until tomorrow morning (when I usually post) to share this.  I now, I sound like I am tooting my own horn..... actually I am banging the drum!!!! Off now to see if Mr H is planning on cooking my dinner or am I. Thank you for being here and for your kind words and friendship. Have a great evening.

19 comments:

Vicky R said...

That is gorgeous

Shelly said...

You bang that drum, Gracie! It's beautiful.

valerie said...

Wow, how very creative! I love the Ariel seascape and the creative use of the beads. Beautiful batik sea!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Good luck! She's a beauty!

diamondc said...

Gracie: What a fun idea, she looks wonderful.

Blessings
Catherine

Norman Belanger said...

How creative

Janice said...

Gracie I love to see and hear about your work. You have to be one of the most creative people I know and that surely is your gift $♡

butterfly said...


Looks beautiful gracie , so clever .

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty.
Good luck in the contest!
Marilyn

Vickie said...

You are so creative and clever! The finished piece is very pretty Gracie!

Vicki said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Looks like a winner to me.

sana said...

Hello,
May the year of 2017 bring you a lot of happiness and smiles.

JudyC said...

What a creative work! Beautiful!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Love it, love it, love it. I hope you win. Very creative and genius. I would give you first prize. hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You toot away, she looks wonderful, very creative.
The clam shell is my favourite part.

Julie said...

What a creative and talented lady you are, that is so fabulous, well done. They'll love it.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Very creative and clever Grace, well done.

Bea said...

Very, very creative and beautiful. Good luck!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Beautiful Gracie. good luck