Saturday, April 2, 2016

Sturday morning and a new project

My Fan and Feather shawl is coming along..... but I decided to pick up the project I mentioned the other day. ....
it is a Mary Beale; Queen Victoria, a doll for scissors No.1.....Remember I told you that this was purchased long ago well I think it was in the late 90's as it is C1997 dated. I kept saying one of these days and now the day is here. I am stitching on 32ct linen from my linen box.... the piece of linen was the right size already. there are 16 DMC colors and of course I need 2 of them. Why is it there is always at least one thread I need! Then after I get it I find that I had it here or there. Oh well.....moving on.....
Last evening I thought I spotted something on the front lawn....yes! A pair of Robins..... we have never noticed them around here before. They were happily finding some dinner tuck into the lawn....they remained for quite some time. Then along came a couple of tiny bunnies, a hummingbird flittering above and the call of the mockingbird. It was very busy just before sunset. Mr House Finch has been busy going off for food and returning to feed the little ones. We will look in on them one of these days...not wanting to bother them or upset the parents who chase all birds with the exception of the hummers out of the yard. Not sure what our plans for the weekend are yet. There is lots going on around here. I am glad you had some time to visit with me. Have a wonderful day. Thank you for your wonderful friendship and kind words.

9 comments:

Ele said...

it's always such fun to start a new project, isn't it? Enjoy!!
Hugs

Vickie said...

Well I am all for a Victoria. ;)
Your grass is so green. It is snowing right now.

Julie said...

Looking forward to seeing your new stitch project develop

Chookyblue...... said...

i love watching the birds in my garden........

Bea said...

Sounds very springlike in your yard. Victoria should be a very interesting stitch.

Fiore said...

I adore listening to birds singing in my garden.
About threads, for me it's exactly the same. They seem to play hide and seek with me lol
Hugs and kisses

Chris said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts and message on my blog. Lovely to watch the birds, that's all I do these days!

Brigitte said...

It's always nice to have some visitors in the garden and watch them for a while. I love doing so as well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice new start.
Your robins look rather bigger than our's though! I wonder what they are fed on?