Friday, April 1, 2016

We have babies!

Yesterday was the first time that Mr H was able to check the Finch nest...
now, I know it is not the best picture but we had to take it quickly. We noticed that she was not leaving the nest for a couple of days so that is when we took the opportunity to look. How? Carefully; Mr H holds up a mirror so we can see inside the nest and that is how I take the pictures. We will update slowly so as not to disturb the babies or parents too much. You might be thinking that this must be the first time we have had a nest in our yard...wrong, but each time seems special. On the crafty end, my shawl is coming along nicely. I think this morning however, I will pull some threads for a small cross stitch project that I came across in the craft cave...that is what it feels like sometimes in there. This particular design I bought probably, well, maybe, could be....yes indeed, that long ago. Anyway, finally I want to stitch it. In the meantime, I just finished my coffee and think I will gather linen and thread....I am always so pleased to have you visit. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....I hope you have a wonderful day. 

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh so precious and yes, special. Have a great day stitching.

Brigitte said...

So wonderful to see a picture of the nestlings. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

I've had a lovely catch up read Gracie. Your shawl is looking wonderful, such a lovely yarn you are using for it.
Loving the frame for the monthly project.
Cute babies....

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Awww sweetie babies :) all snug!

Bea said...

What a lovely picture! So special.

Tiffstitch said...

Ohh, so fuzzy! I hope they all do well and grow up to come back and make nests themselves. :) Good luck with your stitching.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your latest feather-babies!!